• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Round of 16 (Second Leg) match against Barcelona at Camp Nou, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Wednesday, 14th March, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

asvaberg   

Courtois

Azpi - Cahill - Christensen - Rüdiger

Willian -Kante - Fabregas

Alonso - Giroud - Hazard

Hmmmmmm....

I've actually got a good feeling about this game, it would be so Chelsea to perform and go through after being the season being written off. Also, the first leg should have shown us that although this is a good Barca side, it is not a great one, not compared to the Barca of a few years ago.

To be honest, although obviously I want us to go through, all I really ask from this game is that the players show some fight and some spirit for the shirt and this great club, Chelsea don't go out with a whimper, we go out with a fight (or go through)!

For me, I would play (if all fit):

Courtois

Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger

Zappacosta - Kante - Fabregas - Alonso

Willian - Giroud - Hazard

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Moses, Emerson, Drinkwater, Pedro, Morata

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

Jasonb   

It is good we go there with a win under our belts, albeit an unsatisfactory one.

I expect our players to raise their game for this being in the world's premier football competition in the knockout phase at one of the finest football theatres.

Luck can play a part and let's hope Giroud's misfortune yesterday will come good later this week.

jones   

Big question is Giroud vs Morata vs false nine.

Despite not working well in the league, the way we set up against Barca at the Bridge worked wonders. Big difference playing with Hazard up front if Kanté is available (Barca home) or not (City away). But Hazard is our best player, and is it not the best to play him in his best position? If so, that would mean Pedro out and Giroud or Morata in. On a normal day that is an easy pick of Morata, as he has the quality to exploit the space left by the Barca defense, he is generally a lot better on the counter than Giroud. But in terms of confidence and form, Morata is hard to pick for this one. 

With no CF in form, and the balance of the team more important than putting your best player in the best position for this kind of game, I would expect the same line-up as in the first leg. Zappacosta did well against Palace, and has a chance of starting, but Moses is the most experienced of the two and was great last time.

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

Moses Fabregas Kanté Alonso

Willian Hazard Pedro

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Giroud, Morata

Edited by jones

Vinod   

I will be slated for this

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

Willian Giroud Pedro

No building up from the back. Just kick the bloody sphere in the general direction of Giroud. Bring on Hazard in the second half and have him give it a good go. Morata with his pace might be useful as well.

• Like 1

xCELERYx   
17 hours ago, Vinod said:

I will be slated for this

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Rudiger

Willian Giroud Pedro

No building up from the back. Just kick the bloody sphere in the general direction of Giroud. Bring on Hazard in the second half and have him give it a good go. Morata with his pace might be useful as well.

I'd be tempted to go with this as well - although I'd go one step further and keep Zappacosta in the side over Moses. 

If Conte goes with false 9, it should be Pedro.

I hope he doesn't, it should be Giroud,Willian and Hazard..

I've got a feeling Conte will pick his little mate Bakayoko ( if he does its goodnight )

16 minutes ago, Never happy said:

If Conte goes with false 9, it should be Pedro.

I hope he doesn't, it should be Giroud,Willian and Hazard..

I've got a feeling Conte will pick his little mate Bakayoko ( if he does its goodnight )

If Conte picks Bakayoko then surely that is a call to the board to sack him, Bakayoko shouldn't even be on the bench on Wednesday for the benefit of the team but also for Bakayoko himself, the guy needs a break to try and clear his head and get fully fit.

I wouldn't have Pedro playing either, even it was in the false 9, his form is not good and he was terrible against City, gave the ball away at least 3 times when we had the rare opportunity to attack.

For me it has to be the front 3 as you've suggested.