• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

Lampen   

I dreamed tonight that we won the game 4-2 and Messi recieved a red card for spitting. It was so real, when I woke up I felt so depressed.

I'm not gonna celebrate if we win, bcs that is what I expect now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On CF,  I lean towards Hazard.  Essentially because I believe we need 2 very hard working AMs, which can only be Pedro and Willian.  So if Grioud plays, Hazard IMO should be dropped.  
Given the logic, I daresay it will be Morata!

 

1 hour ago, Vinod said:

A False 9 is not a non-striker playing the role of a striker. It is a player in the striker position coming deep to receive the ball, leaving space for other team mates to run into and  making relatively late runs into the box. I believe Fabregas did that very well for a while at Barcelona. 

What we have now, and this is my grouse with Conte, is Hazard playing like a real number 9. 

I agree - a real 9, not a false one, and that is not at all satisfactory.  But Hazard has become a luxury player under Conte.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinod   
8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:


Given the logic, I daresay it will be Morata.

Form aside, he is the most logical choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

On CF,  I lean towards Hazard.  Essentially because I believe we need 2 very hard working AMs, which can only be Pedro and Willian.  So if Grioud plays, Hazard IMO should be dropped.  
Given the logic, I daresay it will be Morata!

 

I agree - a real 9, not a false one, and that is not at all satisfactory.  But Hazard has become a luxury player under Conte.  

 

 

So you would play Pedro ahead of Hazard if Giroud plays?? Pedro maybe a busier player but his form of late has been poor and Hazard is a country mile ahead of Pedro in the all round footballing stakes (but mainly goal threat). Not for me sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                         Courtois

Azpilicueta    Christensen    Rudiger

Zappacosta  Drinkwater   Kante   Alonso

                  Willian   Hazard

                        Giroud

 

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Morata, Moses, Fabregas, Ampadu, Palmieri, Luiz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine if we go through now after United's horror show ? 

Media darlings Spurs and United out ? 

Still at least they have City and Liverpool to get behind .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

                         Courtois

Azpilicueta    Christensen    Rudiger

Zappacosta  Drinkwater   Kante   Alonso

                  Willian   Hazard

                        Giroud

 

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Morata, Moses, Fabregas, Ampadu, Palmieri, Luiz.

Pedro can't even get in with 8 subs 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, Vinod said:

A False 9 is not a non-striker playing the role of a striker. It is a player in the striker position coming deep to receive the ball, leaving space for other team mates to run into and  making relatively late runs into the box. I believe Fabregas did that very well for a while at Barcelona. 

What we have now, and this is my grouse with Conte, is Hazard playing like a real number 9. 

It depends on ones interpretation of a "false 9" to a degree. The one you described for example is different to the one that Roma used successfully under Spalletti with Totti a few years back now. Which is for me more the type of role Conte is requesting from Hazard, than the one Fabregas filled at Barcelona. 

Also, the type of players in those surrounding roles play a huge part in how successful such a role ultimately ends up. We fall down in those midfield areas more than the front three, when we go down this route because we lack another dynamic CM who is mobile but can also comfortably play the ball/defend when needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
5 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

So you would play Pedro ahead of Hazard if Giroud plays?? Pedro maybe a busier player but his form of late has been poor and Hazard is a country mile ahead of Pedro in the all round footballing stakes (but mainly goal threat). Not for me sir.

I actually agree with the quoted post by Droy (I know, I cannot believe it either). But he's right, Hazard is a luxury player. To play a false nine it means either Hazard plays the central role because of his lack of defensive input/laziness, or he ends up dropped. What we cannot afford is two of the front three having no impact defensively or being able to/willing to close down frequently. Which essentially rules out two out of Morata, Giroud or Hazard playing together in the same side. If we want to press upfront then Pedro, Hazard and Willian are arguably our best options for that method. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.