• Current Donation Goals

BlueWill   
On 16/03/2018 at 10:05 PM, xCELERYx said:

Indeed, Luiz did continue to carry on playing but he was also visibly hindered by his injury. He kept his knee essentially strapped for the remainder of the season, and at times could be seen carrying a limp through games. With a chance to win the one trophy he was missing, I'm sure he pushed through it knowing the reward at the end. 

Onto this season and he still visibly didn't look 100% fit right from the beginning. His form dropped and a call was eventually made where he was dropped. Now, it's from here where one can only use what's been put in front of them via the media/Conte to draw a conclusion. Conte addressed the situation being his knee injury was keeping him out - making note of fluid in the knee during Nov/Dec. Then when Luiz was deemed fit, he made the squad for a couple of fixtures and was then left out again. At the back end of January, he picked up another injury according to reports (ankle knock), and we've not seen him since. Now, it was known prior to this second knock that his knee injury was deemed worse than first thought. So, there's a possibility that it's still keeping him out and isn't yet back to 100%. With Christensen's form (until recently) there hasn't been a huge need to rush Luiz back and risk further issues (if that was deemed an option).

While I'm sure there may have been a disagree had between player and coach at some point,  I doubt it was something serious enough to see Luiz banished. Which is why an ongoing injury issue makes far more logical sense for his continued absence imo

Carrying a limp through games implies every game which you can't mean. Essentially what you're saying is that a 75% fit DL was better than a 100% fit JT, Ake or Zouma but not better than Christensen?

Conte was widely reported as saying DL and Bats could leave in January so long as replacements were found. Not a declaration of faith, out goes Bats and in comes Giroud. AC is no fool, so why should he believe there is a market for a 30 yr old carrying  what you describe as a (then 14 month) long-term injury? 

paulw66   
20 hours ago, BlueWill said:

Conte was widely reported as saying DL and Bats could leave in January so long as replacements were found. 

Check what he actually said. The reporters "reported" what they wanted. 

Baloo   
On 3/17/2018 at 11:51 AM, PeteRobbo said:

Don't think so. As I said, Costa was great when he was focussed on his job properly, but there were plenty of occasions when he wasn't and then his attitude and behaviour on the field were counter-productive to the effort and performance level of the team.

So you wouldn't take him over Morata? Doesn't fit in with the behaviours you values? stick to cricket if I were you.

5 minutes ago, Baloo said:

So you wouldn't take him over Morata? Doesn't fit in with the behaviours you values? stick to cricket if I were you.

Thank you for your advice. Are you on a trawl through my posting history or have you just woken up after a long bye-byes?

Baloo   
16 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

16 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Thank you for your advice. Are you on a trawl through my posting history or have you just woken up after a long bye-byes?

My apologies didn't realise one word "garbage" responses were time barred. 

Edited by Baloo

Ham   

👆 What's going on between you two all of a sudden? Where did that come from?