• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

God alone knows how Conte must be feeling , he's standing on a precipice and almost whatever formation and personnel he chooses will be deemed wrong , even if he wins ugly.

If he wins ugly, you wont find any Chelsea fan (with a decent amount of brain cells) who gives a shiny sh*te how.

Edited by paulw66
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If he wins ugly, you wont find any Chelsea fan (with a decent amount of brain cells) who gives a shiny sh*te how.

And there's the rub...

Haven't seen this one posted here for a while lol

COME ON YOU BLUES!!! We can do it if we play our game and not be timid and lose focus. Let's go! Super pumped for this one!

• Like 3

Just now, Nicholas Anelka said:

Hearing Giroud's going to get the nod.

Would have gone for Morata personally think he can get away with throwing himself to the ground a bit more in the CL.

Source?

13 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Very interesting. Let's see if he now  if drops Hazard as some have suggested he might do.

Personally I'd be fuming. By far and away our best player and one we are so ridiculously dependant upon it would be insane.

I get the argument that we need both Willian and Pedro if we are going to press them high, and thats if we even bother trying, but we have to start our best players in a game like this. All three of them should start, with a striker.

• Like 1

GURJ SS   
11 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Hazard said something like after City game "if I'd had played for 3 hours I wouldn't have touched the ball".  I can see that scenario happening again. 

I'd play a back 5 and tell the wing backs to forget roaming around up field as they are now essentially full backs. I'd play two holding midfielders in front of back five.  I'd also tell Willian he has important defensive duties when needed. If Barca can play through those 8 then good for them, they will deserve their victory.  Giroud and Hazard remain out and out attackers. That will give the Barca back line more than enough to think about and will also enable us to play the long ball and it not come straight back every time.

Peter Crouch standing on Hazard's shoulders wouldn't have been able to bring the ball down in that game, the long ball passing was ridiculous. Hazard also didn't touch the ball because the players behind him were unable to find him with a simple pass, against Barca a target man will have 2 centre backs and Busguets to deal with, where as a more skillful play will be able to drop deep, go wide or make runs off the last man.

I wanted us to start the last game with those tactics. But with Hazard behind Morata and Giroud. I just think we need the most skillful players we have for this game, I'd even go with Emerson over Alonso just so we've got someone on the left who is able to run at players and stretch Barca.

Courtois

Azpilicueta Cahill/Rudiger Christensen Alonso

Kante Drinkwater

Pedro Hazard Willian

Giroud

Bench: Caballero, Cahill/Rudiger, Ampadu, Emerson, Moses, Fabregas, Morata

I understand this won't be the team but I do think it potentially should be, or potentially what we change to in the second half if still 0-0 or we're behind