• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Leicester City 1 Chelsea 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our F.A. Cup 6th Round match against Leicester City at The King Power Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30, Sunday, 18th March, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

No Courtois .

That'll do me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

No Courtois .

That'll do me.

Ditto.

Smash these, it’s not what it used to be but come on let’s win the FA Cup again and at least make up for that nonsense in the final last season.

Jasonb   

This is all Leicester have to play for and their key players like Mahrez and Vardy have been finding some form recently. Puel also seems to be getting a tune out of them and using their squad players. Add to the mix they had had a week to prepare and you understand why we are not favourites for this match.

What Chelsea is going to turn up, the error prone version or a version angry about going out to a Barca side that got ‘lucky’.

With the exception of Fab and Courtois I wouldn’t make too many changes.

asvaberg   

Caballero

Azpi - Cahill - Rüdiger
Zappa - Kante - Drinkwater -  Ampadu

Willian - Giroud - Morata

Caballero

Azpi - Cahill - Rudiger

Zappa - Kante - Drinkwater* - Emerson

Willian - Morata - Pedro

Bench: Eduardo, Christensen, Ampadu, Moses, Fabregas, Hazard, Giroud

*If Drinkwater not fit then Ampadu in to the team and Bakayoko on to bench

Not an easy game, but I think we'll be up for this one and I expect us to progress.

Alonso and Moses have been so wasteful recently, calling into question the whole 343, that we have to give Emerson and Zappacosta a chance.

Otherwise I expect Bakayoko, Cahill and Morata will start. Hopefully Hudson-Odoi will get to play before the match is down to walking place.

Jasonb   
5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

One less competition other than the top 4 wouldnt be the worst thing for this "thin squad" I reckon.

Possibly though I tend to think the prospect of trophies keeps players motivated and more likely to compete for places.

28 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Possibly though I tend to think the prospect of trophies keeps players motivated and more likely to compete for places.

Additionally, however poor we fans, the players, the club feel we may have done, a trophy is a trophy and shows that, even during poor seasons, we can still win silverware. Players moving clubs aren't just interested in money... they want to win trophies too. However poor we may have been this season, a history of regularly winning trophies will help recruitment.