• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Leicester City 1 Chelsea 2

Recommended Posts

We will have a maximum of 10 matches in April and May. Our squad isn't that thin.

We should be rotating to give players a chance and keep others on their toes, especially as we have a number of players out of form. Tiredness shouldn't be such an issue now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

We will have a maximum of 10 matches in April and May. Our squad isn't that thin.

We should be rotating to give players a chance and keep others on their toes, especially as we have a number of players out of form. Tiredness shouldn't be such an issue now.

I agree it gets a lot easier, though of course a lot of players will have internationals and often a long journey.  But of course most of the damage was done - the 22 games in 10 and a half weeks with no doubt a number of players carrying injuries and almost zero replacements even after January 1st.  It may take the Summer for some of the players to get over that.  Some indeed may find their WC squad or starting places have been damaged by their overuse over that period with little or no rotation.  

I doubt Conte will rotate much now though at least not after this cup game.  It does look like the team against Barca is the first choice team now, and will continue from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
9 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

One less competition other than the top 4 wouldnt be the worst thing for this "thin squad" I reckon.

Well, Alonso seems to think the squad is on the thin side. 

Quote

... Asked what the problem has been, Alonso said: 'It's difficult as there are so many games this year and we have not got the deepest squad, maybe, and we have had new players this year. 

'We can only look forward and start fighting for fourth spot in the Champions League and try to win the FA Cup.'... 

Edited by xCELERYx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caballero

Cahill Christensen Rüdiger 

Zappacosta Drinkwater Kanté Emerson

Willian Morata Hazard

Subs: Eduardo, Chalobah, Moses, Bakayoko, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

Can see Leicester  coming out very quickly and unsettling  us. We probably will not start playing until the 2nd half. Hopefully the game will not be over by then. Replay would be a good result. Do not see us winning this one. My biggest concern is who is going to score our goals. Willian is our best hope right now which is quite poor for our strikers. Whether we go with Giroud or Morata both are likely to drop a 5/10 or below.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Can see Leicester  coming out very quickly and unsettling  us. We probably will not start playing until the 2nd half. Hopefully the game will not be over by then. Replay would be a good result. Do not see us winning this one. My biggest concern is who is going to score our goals. Willian is our best hope right now which is quite poor for our strikers. Whether we go with Giroud or Morata both are likely to drop a 5/10 or below.

No replays would be extra time/penalties 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine the team we could have had, if We hadn't sold Salah, KDB, Costa,Matic, Lukuku...

if the show pony is worth £150+ what is salahs valuation?

Madrid should be going for him.

 

Edited by Never happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Just imagine the team we could have had, if We hadn't sold Salah, KDB, Costa,Matic, Lukuku...

if the show pony is worth £150+ what is salahs valuation?

Madrid should be going for him.

 

Worth sacrificint 2 PL titles for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holymoly   

Barclay still out with a hamstring. Money well spent there I'd say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.