• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Leicester City 1 Chelsea 2

2 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Well our squad is quite small so it depends what you see a fringe player as; We've got Moses who should be a fringe player but isn't. But Drinkwater and Barkley would both win awards if they were playing for Bournemouth. Bats has gone out on loan and would too, along with Zouma and RLC - all who were seen as players that couldn't get into our squad let alone be fringe.

Part of being a valuable footballer is simply being available.  For a fringe player that is the main quality.
Drinkwater and Barkley could only win awards if they were fit enough to play. 
If Bats can't play as a man up front for Chelsea against Championship teams, how is he going to do it for Bournemouth against, say, City or us.

Zouma I'll grant you, but I doubt Zouma would look good when Bournemouth play a back 3.
RLC, very unavailable, still unproven even now.  22 years old, 21 PL career starts.

49 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We should have kept him simply because he is fit and available almost every game.

He rightly left because he was ready to play every game for Bournemouth and Holland.

Well… That’s  a development of my original point, Which seems to have been mostly missed, Which was Ake has done well not just okay as the OP stated

Not that I disagree with fit and available, You did miss and competent and versatile as well.

Methinks Bournemouth have a bargain, and give his form  I fully expect a much larger club will have noticed this and  a large bid within the next couple of years will be heading Bournemouths way ( How much was John stones ?) And here at CFCnet will be bemoaning another Debruyne/ Salah/ and so on.

If some on here see that that one hopes the club can, and more care over the selection of the next coach may mitigate these problems with Good/promising player retention

53 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Well our squad is quite small so it depends what you see a fringe player as; We've got Moses who should be a fringe player but isn't. But Drinkwater and Barkley would both win awards if they were playing for Bournemouth. Bats has gone out on loan and would too, along with Zouma and RLC - all who were seen as players that couldn't get into our squad let alone be fringe.

Small squad self inflicted

Even smaller if you can't work with some in a small squad

There's a difference between squad and fringe players

Considering we are closer the Them in the league table points wise than the Leaders,  Your making the point that its only Bournemouth, and any one could win awards, seems a bit dismissive and wrong.so will disagree

Ham   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I loved the way we played against Barca first leg.

Actually I loved the way we played second leg, unfortunately we weren't quite as good at it as Messi, and that cost us.

Fixed.

kev61   
13 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Common sense tells you if he wanted to play for Jose he obviously didn't want to play for Conte. He chose one manager over the other, tells you everything.

It does indeed.It tells you  he has no judgement on or off the field.It was a feeling of being wanted that he went to the delusional one.He fits into the mourhino  cult that as sure as night and day will implode eventually...don't you see it Yoda?

GURJ SS   
19 hours ago, southcoastal said:

Small squad self inflicted

Even smaller if you can't work with some in a small squad

There's a difference between squad and fringe players

Considering we are closer the Them in the league table points wise than the Leaders,  Your making the point that its only Bournemouth, and any one could win awards, seems a bit dismissive and wrong.so will disagree

Self inflicted indeed.

Yep there's 's huge difference, but some of our squad players are fringe players playing in a squad that doesn't have enough numbers for them to be classed as fringe players; which had resulted in automatic promotion. 

I don't think league position matters(when we finished 15th it didn't make someone like Hazard the equivalent of Arsenal's fringe player), our recent results against big teams has caused us to fall behind, both Manc games were very narrow scorelines where we lost 6 points and some confidence. Normally only Bournemouth had it been a normal season for us. Put it this way, Ake this season would have been behind every other centre back we have which makes him a fringe player; due to inconsistencies of our main players both Rudi and Chris have found themselves go from squad players to first team players; Ake would only have possibly been a squad player this season because our first team players have gone missing and left gaps in the pecking order. 

chara   

I like Ake but starring at Bournemouth isn't the same as say Citeh...much higher expectations at the top 6/7 clubs... I wish him well but I think he is another Bertrand..good EPL player and will always put in a good shift but never going to be a super star..very good squad player for the likes of Chelsea but would always struggle for a regular spot.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2018 at 2:37 PM, GURJ SS said:

Self inflicted indeed.

Yep there's 's huge difference, but some of our squad players are fringe players playing in a squad that doesn't have enough numbers for them to be classed as fringe players; which had resulted in automatic promotion. 

I don't think league position matters(when we finished 15th it didn't make someone like Hazard the equivalent of Arsenal's fringe player), our recent results against big teams has caused us to fall behind, both Manc games were very narrow scorelines where we lost 6 points and some confidence. Normally only Bournemouth had it been a normal season for us. Put it this way, Ake this season would have been behind every other centre back we have which makes him a fringe player; due to inconsistencies of our main players both Rudi and Chris have found themselves go from squad players to first team players; Ake would only have possibly been a squad player this season because our first team players have gone missing and left gaps in the pecking order. 

Well I’m just going to have to manufacture some synthetic outrage at ‘ somebody being wrong on the internet” :)

I guess we will  be at odds on how  things may have panned out, regarding Ake. Hopefully we may have a buyback clause, That consoles me.

On 3/21/2018 at 3:11 PM, chara said:

I like Ake but starring at Bournemouth isn't the same as say Citeh...much higher expectations at the top 6/7 clubs... I wish him well but I think he is another Bertrand..good EPL player and will always put in a good shift but never going to be a super star..very good squad player for the likes of Chelsea but would always struggle for a regular spot.

I see he’s in the re vamped youth orientated Dutch squad for the friendlies Against England and another.  Looking forward to seeing how he deals with the threat of Jake Livermore etc

Never underestimate competent non superstar players  just look at dave.

GURJ SS   
4 hours ago, southcoastal said:

Well I’m just going to have to manufacture some synthetic outrage at ‘ somebody being wrong on the internet” :)

I guess we will  be at odds on how  things may have panned out, regarding Ake. Hopefully we may have a buyback clause, That consoles me.

Lol!!!

I remember reading something about there being a buyback clause in his contract, but I've never come across anything that's confirmed it. I don't doubt that as he matures he will improve, I think he's a great talent, but I don't think we as a club have the patience. 

Edited by GURJ SS