• Current Donation Goals

23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Whereas I'd happily sacrifice the cup for 4th, and perhaps even for just winning this.

Each to his own. The Champions League is bent anyway ;-)

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Each to his own. The Champions League is bent anyway ;-)

So is the PL - but there are 3 giant competitions in Football - we can't enter the  WC, but we can enter the other two.

GURJ SS   

Depends which Chelsea turns up, the one that turned up against City and we get a goaless draw, the one that turned up against Barca and we win with at least a 2 goal difference.

More to the point, which Hazard turns up too, the one that wants to play and win for Chelsea fans, or the one who wants to save his energy and avoid any injuries for the Belgium fans; if the latter I'd rather see Caballero be given a chance as an outfield player(did more in his cameo that Hazard did all game). Now some may feel I'm picking Hazard out, thing is I've always been his fan and supported him, but I've never seen a player destroy himself the way he has, even Mutu didn't throw his talent away powdering his nose as much as Hazard has by standing around reading the adverts on the boardings. Can't blame the manager as he has more freedom now than he has ever had, and he has done this before, and it was when an international tournament was at the end of the season.

For this game I'd go with:

Caballero;

Dave, Chris, Rudi;

Zappa, Kante, Drinkwater, Alonso;

Willian, Giroud, Pedro;

Subs: Tibo; Cahill; Emerson; Baka, Cesc; Hazard, Morata;

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

So is the PL - but there are 3 giant competitions in Football - we can't enter the  WC, but we can enter the other two.

Don't rate the Euro?

GURJ SS   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Whereas I'd happily sacrifice the cup for 4th, and perhaps even for just winning this.

I'd sacrifice the Cup for 4th too, a part of me wanted us to get knocked out so we can go all out for top 4, because we're already in the Europa League anyway. Personally I've always wanted the 4th CL spot to go to the FA Cup, but that's a whole other topic. Currently I'd give the Spuds this game and the FA Cup for 4th place.

1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

Don't rate the Euro?

Not at all - but some time ago I looked at the TV revenues for the big competitions.  3 are well ahead of all the rest.
Euros is about half WC levels (even though this is a 2016 vs 2014 comparison).
Personally I don't rate the WC - but if you count the money it is as big as 1 season of PL or CL football.

1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

a part of me wanted us to get knocked out so we can go all out for top 4,

Looking at how we have played in the FA Cup, Conte and most of the team felt the same as you and me.

And for much of the squad, being in the FA cup final just means joining up with the International teams 1 week later, and being 1 week behind their peers in establishing a WC starting place.  For Cahill, it might mean the difference between being in the squad as a good traveller, or being left out as a late arriver.  For Pedro or Fabregas or Alonso or Morata, it might be the difference between starting or bench.

2 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

More to the point, which Hazard turns up too, the one that wants to play and win for Chelsea fans, or the one who wants to save his energy and avoid any injuries for the Belgium fans; if the latter I'd rather see Caballero be given a chance as an outfield player(did more in his cameo that Hazard did all game). Now some may feel I'm picking Hazard out, thing is I've always been his fan and supported him, but I've never seen a player destroy himself the way he has, even Mutu didn't throw his talent away powdering his nose as much as Hazard has by standing around reading the adverts on the boardings. Can't blame the manager as he has more freedom now than he has ever had, and he has done this before, and it was when an international tournament was at the end of the season.

What an absolute load of tripe.

• Like 1

Jasonb   

I think Hazard will be back to form soon and seems to like producing against the Spuds, a repetition of his form against Spuds when we stopped them and Leicester won the league would be nice.

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

I'd sacrifice CL and the FA Cup as long as it means we don't lose this game.

1 hour ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

What an absolute load of tripe.

Well...you said it.