• Current Donation Goals

GURJ SS   
56 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think Hazard will be back to form soon and seems to like producing against the Spuds, a repetition of his form against Spuds when we stopped them and Leicester won the league would be nice.

Hope so. He's a brilliant player but he has a major flaw in his game somewhere, whatever it is it stops him from becoming one of the greats; he has gone from being one of the next big talents to being over shadowed week in week out. To maybe explain it better... When players like Salah, Sanchez, De Bruyne, Sane or Silva (or even lesser players) pick the ball up in the final third instantly I think the other team is in danger, when Hazard picks it up he actually surprises me when he runs at a team nowadays, otherwise it's backwards sideways or he switches the ball to Moses and stands on the opposite side of the pitch, he done it countless times against Leicester; Hazard was the most fouled player last season for a reason, because he actually engaged the opposition where as this season he has taken a back seat.

• Like 3

Sciatika   

I have a theory that Hazard's flaw is that he is unable to take on and defeat two or three players especially when they take it in turns to kick him. The flaw of the rest of the team is not to take advantage of the space that happens as a result. And the flaw of the referees is not to see when it is happening and to book players early.

22 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I have a theory that Hazard's flaw is that he is unable to take on and defeat two or three players especially when they take it in turns to kick him. The flaw of the rest of the team is not to take advantage of the space that happens as a result. And the flaw of the referees is not to see when it is happening and to book players early.

In essence I would agree with you , however , since the "Man City - False nine" fiasco he's looked crest fallen and uninterested , I think he's going to leave post World Cup and I cannot really blame him , we have not really surrounded him with the quality we should have and he's always been left carrying the side , it's gotten to the stage where he's focusing on not getting injured prior to the forthcoming World cup imho. A sad state of affairs even given  he's annoyed me recently with his attitude.

Jasonb   
9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

In essence I would agree with you , however , since the "Man City - False nine" fiasco he's looked crest fallen and uninterested , I think he's going to leave post World Cup and I cannot really blame him , we have not really surrounded him with the quality we should have and he's always been left carrying the side , it's gotten to the stage where he's focusing on not getting injured prior to the forthcoming World cup imho. A sad state of affairs even given  he's annoyed me recently with his attitude.

I'm not so sure, it maybe he is just fed up with Conte.

18 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I'm not so sure, it maybe he is just fed up with Conte.

Boo hoo. Who cares right now?

Nobody at the club should care. None of the supporters should care. He is supposedly fedup?

We have top 4 on the line and, frankly, I am tired of hearing excuses why a top level player like him is always blowing hot and cold. 

I think a lot of our "top tier" players need to show up for this one. Too much is at stake and, while I am no huge fan of Conte, I do find the idea of blaming him for something that has literally plagued Hazard his entire career to be a bit irritating. Conte can be blamed for more than his fair share of things affecting the team right now, but Hazard's form isn't one of them. 

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I’d be tempted to play him in midfield next to Kante.  

Understandable, but surely not straight back in from a long-tern injury, and without any game time under his belt? And against Spurs to boot?

Rob B   
9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Understandable, but surely not straight back in from a long-tern injury, and without any game time under his belt? And against Spurs to boot?

Yeah very true and I thought that as soon as I’d posted. 

I think it was bit of a knee jerk reaction based on our midfield at times this season!