• Current Donation Goals

On 21 March 2018 at 0:46 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Whereas I'd happily sacrifice the cup for 4th, and perhaps even for just winning this.

And if we finish 4th if Arsenal win the Europa does that mean we don't qualify 

4 hours ago, hallgalley said:

And if we finish 4th if Arsenal win the Europa does that mean we don't qualify 

No...BUT IF WE FINISH FOURTH AND LIVERPOOL SOMEHOW WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND FINISH OUTSIDE THE TOP FOUR, THEN WE DONT QUALIFY

Sciatika   

I thought they had changed the rules so that entry of the holders no longer affects their country's allocation.

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I thought they had changed the rules so that entry of the holders no longer affects their country's allocation.

If only affects the allocation if teams from the same association win both the Champions League and the Europa League and don't finish in the top 4.

8 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

If only affects the allocation if teams from the same association win both the Champions League and the Europa League and don't finish in the top 4.

Thanks. So they'll stretch it to 5 teams from one country, but not to six. Seems fair enough. 

asvaberg   
On 24.3.2018 at 6:14 PM, Never happy said:

No...BUT IF WE FINISH FOURTH AND LIVERPOOL SOMEHOW WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND FINISH OUTSIDE THE TOP FOUR, THEN WE DONT QUALIFY

But what if Liverpool or ManCity wins CL and both also ends up top 4, and we end up no 5 - do we get the "4.th country" place or will England "loose" one of the "country top 4"? 

Vinod   
On 21/03/2018 at 8:24 PM, GURJ SS said:

Don't rate the Euro?

It has 16 teams too many

6 hours ago, asvaberg said:

But what if Liverpool or ManCity wins CL and both also ends up top 4, and we end up no 5 - do we get the "4.th country" place or will England "loose" one of the "country top 4"? 

If the Champions League (or Europa League) winners finish in one of the automatic CL places in the league there is no additional place for England and the place is reassigned to another country depending on the UEFA coefficients.

So 5th place will never be enough for CL qualification.

• Thanks 1

paulw66   
On 3/25/2018 at 9:42 AM, Droy was my hero said:

Thanks. So they'll stretch it to 5 teams from one country, but not to six. Seems fair enough. 

Yup.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:27 AM, asvaberg said:

You can only qualify for the CL by winning the CL or Europa, or by finishing in the top 4. I don't know what happens if City were to win the CL. I don't know where that spot goes but it doesn't drop down to 5th place.