• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Sorry, but that’s ridiculous. This set of players won the league last year,  got to the FA Cup final and in the semis this year.

One thing Chelsea always do after a setback, is come out fighting. I suspect we’ll be a lot better next season

Yestedsay I saw City play the football I want us to play in the first half, and United show the spirit I want from our team in the second half.

We seem to have neither this season. And I have never felt less connected to the club. With JT gone and no youngsters being given a real chance to play every week, there’s a big disconnect there.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if one of Lamps or JT are on first team coaching staff next season. Lamps is already doing some coaching with the U18s, and there have been rumours linking them with a role. Goodness knows we need them. 

Do that, get the right manager who will blood youth and not moan and whine, and who will play attacking football, and the fans will feel connected to the team again, 

Chelsea always come back. I’ve seen much worse than this. We still have £250-300 million a season to spend, we have the best academy in the world. 

Sometimes you need these moments to allow you to deconstruct and rebuild. 

happy clappy nonsense.  the amount of times this season s we have sccored the first goal and even gon e into the break leading but gone on to crumble ane lose is incredidbly worrying - real lack of leadership and spine we are now arsenal and its not going to improve any time soon - years ahead of mid table.  if you think we are winning the league anytime soon you are as deluded as most on here.

48 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

the amount of times this season s we have sccored the first goal and even gon e into the break leading but gone on to crumble ane lose is incredidbly worrying

Ooh deep satire this time around.  

A quick check then, In league, League cup and CL games so far we haven't lost a game we were leading at h/t all season.  0 out of 12 losses

We didn't lose any like that last season either.  In fact in 15/16 when we lost 17 games, only one was where we were leading at h/t.

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A quick check then, In league, League cup and CL games so far we haven't lost a game we were leading at h/t all season.  0 out of 12 losses

We didn't lose any like that last season either.  In fact in 15/16 when we lost 17 games, only one was where we were leading at h/t.

Why let facts get in the way of a good story?!

• Like 1

GURJ SS   
3 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Sorry, but that’s ridiculous. This set of players won the league last year,  got to the FA Cup final and in the semis this year.

One thing Chelsea always do after a setback, is come out fighting. I suspect we’ll be a lot better next season

Yestedsay I saw City play the football I want us to play in the first half, and United show the spirit I want from our team in the second half.

We seem to have neither this season. And I have never felt less connected to the club. With JT gone and no youngsters being given a real chance to play every week, there’s a big disconnect there.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if one of Lamps or JT are on first team coaching staff next season. Lamps is already doing some coaching with the U18s, and there have been rumours linking them with a role. Goodness knows we need them. 

Do that, get the right manager who will blood youth and not moan and whine, and who will play attacking football, and the fans will feel connected to the team again, 

Chelsea always come back. I’ve seen much worse than this. We still have £250-300 million a season to spend, we have the best academy in the world. 

Sometimes you need these moments to allow you to deconstruct and rebuild. 

The league has changed, there's more competitors and we've not strengthened. To be a very good side you need to fight to have a slightly stronger team than everyone else and that way you'll finish maybe 1st, but mostly in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th spots. In order to be a genuine top of the table team you need to be a lot better than the rest, like Man City are; once Pep starts playing Laporte more and either Mendy comes back or he sorts his left back problem out, and also maybe gets a target man(L.Pool are lucky Dzeko isn't still around) they'll have an elite team(far better than is needed to just win the league but will also be a genuine CL contender on a regular basis). We're quite far off that because we've only got 2 players who could start for City: Kante and Hazard, and that's a could with the rest of the squad not getting a look in.

Those setbacks wouldn't be happening if we were strong enough to compete at the top level on a regular basis, last season's title win was without European football, this season we've not been able to compete in both at the level we should have; the thing is when you have enough quality to finish small teams off in the first half you then get to reserve your energy in the second half, with us having to fight game after game for 90mins it's burning us out and we aren't able to play at the tempo we should be playing at. Simply put, our normal players aren't good enough and the higher quality players are having 1 extra man track them. For example: against Man U it wasn't just a DM on Hazard, it was a DM, CB and RB on him; if he took one on another was right there. Same goes for Willian, he had a DM and LB on him. That's 5 players for 2, yet when the others got the ball they couldn't take advantage because they're not good enough to exploit a team. Last season we could run ourselves at 100% and not worry, this season we've had to look to use more of our quality, and it turns out it ain't there.

In order to play like City we'll have to have a manager like Pep, but with that will also come those odd results like they just had against Liverpool and Man U. In order to play like Man U did we'll need a manager like Jose, but with that will come a team of giants who can only use their size to power past a team that's at their or better than their level. Which doesn't always work against the lower sides. We can't have both and actually don't need both, if we trust Conte and get the targets he wants he'll pay the money back through winning competitions. 

I agree a connection has gone, but that was always going to happen when JT left, as for youngsters we've got Christensen playing week in week out and Conte is actually taking flak for it, because people want to see Luiz back (although he's probably still injured or doesn't know he's supposed to be playing for the manager). If Conte was playing youngsters this season he'd have got slaughtered and called the next Wenger, he's an easy scapegoat as the fans are struggling to come to terms that our club is being run the wrong way.

I hope Lamps and JT both come back as coaches, I actually think as much as they are known for their English mentality they also are very Italian in their thinking, they both understand that tactics play a huge part and need to be carried out properly; players need to learn the role and not just play the position; we have far too many players playing a position but haven't gone about learning the role.

Can't play youngsters unless the club and fans are willing to spend a few seasons outside the top 4. I'd take 5th or 6th for 2/3 seasons to build a squad of younger homegrown players; but don't expect the likes of Hazard to stick around and don't expect to win the title again either. We've got a manager who calls the club out for not providing the right quality of players to enable us to win silverware, and we've got fans saying he's moaning!!!!!!?????? He's actually on our side and he's being called a moaner by us fans, our fans have become as cold as the people who run our club. If anyone thinks that Conte is moaning then they must be happy with the squad we've got and they'll be happy to use the loan and youth players next season, and sell some seniors to make room.

If we've got £250-300M to spend we should have thrown some of it at Juve and sorted our LWB position out a long time ago, but we've waited and signed a player who's injured on the cheap. We should have signed a top class AM, we instead waited and signed an injury ridden average player on the cheap. Same goes for central mid, we've signed the cheaper alternatives and already filled the squad places with average players; so we can have all the money in the world but our club will not let any manager make a signing and sell a player they've just signed; especially when they've given each other a pat on the back for finding such a 'bargain'.

We had that moment a few years ago and we were very close to completing the building, all that we needed was the roof to go on, then Jose came along and knocked half the building down, and sold the building blocks off for others to enjoy(and now himself too).

Edited by GURJ SS

GURJ SS   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Somewhere in there probably lies the problem, because we probably haven't gone into the break leading enough times.

34 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

In order to play like City we'll have to have a manager like Pep,

Rubbish - all anyone needs to play like City is a budget like Pep*.  I don't see he adds anything to it, and last year he subtracted.

*Tempted to add "and to be in a competitive league".  I think BM or PSG will struggle to be as good given barely any domestic tests all seasons.  On the other hand they might well manage to peak in the CL, which English clubs naturally find difficult.  Imagine any European team playing the equivalent of Man U on a saturday inbetween CL QF legs, or both Manchesters between 2 L16 legs!

• Like 1

Ham   
28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Rubbish - all anyone needs to play like City is a budget like Pep*.  I don't see he adds anything to it, and last year he subtracted.

*Tempted to add "and to be in a competitive league".  I think BM or PSG will struggle to be as good given barely any domestic tests all seasons.  On the other hand they might well manage to peak in the CL, which English clubs naturally find difficult.  Imagine any European team playing the equivalent of Man U on a saturday inbetween CL QF legs, or both Manchesters between 2 L16 legs!

Quite

johnboy   

What I would like to see today is 3 forwards who can break at pace like they used to & who can play together, understanding each other’s movements. That’s where we have been lacking of late,we have not been taking our chances or being to ponderous when we break. The keeper, the defence & the midfield can cope provided the business is taken care of at the other end.

There is no need to keep calling for a new manager or new players at this time of the season. Let’s utilise what we have which should be perfectly adequate against the teams we have to play. The side needs to get back to breaking at pace & being more clinical in front of goal.

Come on you Blues!

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well Jose hasn't managed it with his open cheque book. Managers/clubs have certain styles of play. If we had Pep at our club we'd be playing the same way, we'd be keeping the ball for such long periods that the other team has only a rare chance to attack.

Edit: so his first season in finding out which player fits the style and which doesn't somehow means he subtracted? And also he hasn't added anything? So what you're saying is that if Big Sam was at Man City they'd be playing the way they are!?

Ahh the old PL is more difficult excuse, when in reality some teams just have more quality and are able to rely on that extra quality to pull them through at the knockout stages; other leagues are also difficult to play in but people don't watch those leagues so assume the one they watch is the strongest. The only thing the PL has over the other leagues that makes it more demanding is the physicality, but that isn't due to anything other than players having to push and pull each other because they aren't the best footballers. 

Edited by GURJ SS

GURJ SS   
On 03/04/2018 at 4:05 PM, GURJ SS said:

Cabba;

Dave, Chris, Rudi;

Zappa, Cesc, Kante, Emerson;

Willian;

Morata, Giroud;

Subs: Eduardo; Cahill; Alonso; Baka; Pedro, Hazard, Hudson;

I'm going to stick with this, hopefully something like this is put out today.