• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Saturday, 14th April, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

I think we'll start quite brightly , threaten a few times before finally scraping a scrappy goal . Willian will be one on one with only the keeper to beat to make it two goals before doing eighty  three step overs allowing Southampton to train a new defender from their youth ranks who'll eventually make his debut just in time to stop Willian scoring .

We'll hit the post and bar , the keeper will perform miracles ( he's quite good this one ) Morata will have another offside goal chalked off , Pedro will be introduced and shoot every time he gets the ball , normally from inside his own half and Shane long will out jump the defence and score two late goals for a Southampton win Courtois will go down in instalments in a desperate attempt to reach his post match interview notes about how sunny it is in Madrid before they get muddy .

Conte will ramble on about working hard.

Marina will sign Fernando Torres in a player exchange for Kante.

• Like 1

I can predict the team now. Same team, same tactics as last week. Southampton will play the game of their lives. 

We’ll create lots of chances and they will score with their only chance(s) and either draw or win. 

Conte will bring a striker on in the last 10 mins to win the game, and he will merely replace another. 

Hudson-Adoi and Emerson will be nowhere near the team. The same knackered XI. Cahill will do his usual job of ensuring we don’t keep a clean sheet, like yesterday when his mistake led directly to their goal.

Conte will moan in the pre-match press conference and talk about his loyalty to his pay off *ahem*, to Chelsea, then blame everyone but himself when we don’t win. And talk about working. Again. 

No point in even watching it. We all know how it turns out. That’s how sick I am of Conte and the garbage we are served up every week. 

Edited by James Prescott

paulw66   
1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Hudson-Adoi and Emerson will be nowhere near the team. The same knackered XI. Cahill will do his usual job of ensuring we don’t keep a clean sheet, like yesterday when his mistake led directly to their goal.

Cahill has barely played recently, and the results have been garbage. I am not fan of scapegoating at the best of times, but to blame someone who hasn't been involved in a run of defeats is peculiar. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see our points per game with and without Cahill. He may not be everyone's favourite but he is exactly the type of character we have been missing recently.  Proper leader, proper winner, proper Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Be interesting to see our points per game with and without Cahill. He may not be everyone's favourite but he is exactly the type of character we have been missing recently.  Proper leader, proper winner, proper Chelsea.

Yep , a bit limited but always gives 100%

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep , a bit limited but always gives 100%

Yeah, without getting into a debate about why they are no longer playing I think a big reason for this season is the lack of leadership and mentality. Cahill, Luiz, Matic and Costa were probably our biggest character's both on and off the pitch last season. Also JT , Ivanovic and Mikel for the first six months of last season. That's a lot of character to lose in a very short space of time.

4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yeah, without getting into a debate about why they are no longer playing I think a big reason for this season is the lack of leadership and mentality. Cahill, Luiz, Matic and Costa were probably our biggest character's both on and off the pitch last season. Also JT , Ivanovic and Mikel for the first six months of last season. That's a lot of character to lose in a very short space of time.

Agree 100 percent , I posted before that I think one of our major flaws this season has been the lack of JT in the squad keeping everyone honest ( for want of another word ).

Although I thought his legs had gone a bit when he left I'd love Ivanovic back to keep them in line.

jones   
12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Point average in the PL this season:

• 2.07 Without Cahill from start
  • 1.55 With Cahill from start

Not sure those stats tell you that he is "exactly the type of character we have been missing recently".

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, jones said:

Point average in the PL this season:

• 2.07 Without Cahill from start
  • 1.55 With Cahill from start

Not sure those stats tell you that he is "exactly the type of character we have been missing recently".

Are you sure? The without figure seems absurdly high when he has been out of the team for a good chunk of 2018 when we have not been winning, and he was playing far more regularly in 2017 when we finished the year in 2nd.