• Current Donation Goals

18 minutes ago, jones said:

Point average in the PL this season:

• 2.07 Without Cahill from start
  • 1.55 With Cahill from start

Not sure those stats tell you that he is "exactly the type of character we have been missing recently".

Seems a bit odd that we were 2nd at Christmas with him starting the majority of games and have been woeful this year without him. You sure those stats are correct?

jones   

I did the quick calculations myself, so assuming I have not made any mistakes - yes, those numbers are correct. Feel free to double check.

Stats can be a bitch sometimes.

Edit: He did not get off to the best start though. Red carded in our home loss to Burnley, suspended for the three next games which we won, then back in the team for Arsenal draw and losses to City and Palace. For me, those numbers tell me exactly what I have been thinking for several seasons. Gary Cahill is a great man, but not a great defender. I would happily keep him for the last year of his contract, but we should not see him in the starting line up week in week out.

Edited by jones

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, jones said:

I did the quick calculations myself, so assuming I have not made any mistakes - yes, those numbers are correct. Feel free to double check.

Stats can be a bitch sometimes.

Edit: He did not get off to the best start though. Red carded in our home loss to Burnley, suspended for the three next games which we won, then back in the team for Arsenal draw and losses to City and Palace. For me, those numbers tell me exactly what I have been thinking for several seasons. Gary Cahill is a great man, but not a great defender. I would happily keep him for the last year of his contract, but we should not see him in the starting line up week in week out.

Interesting stats, certainly. I agree, would keep him but reduce his playing role. 

Looks like I was right , Torres has confirmed he's leaving Athletico.

paulw66   

CHO should start this game, and all remaining league games from here on in. The boy is such a talent. 

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

CHO should start this game, and all remaining league games from here on in. The boy is such a talent. 

Yes. Agreed. Really want to see this, especially after last night. 

I'd be surprised if it happens though, because Conte at this stage seems to only be thinking about himself.

Edited by Box of Tricks

24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

He really is , he was amazing last night he was a cut above anyone else on the pitch which is not making out the rest of them aren't any good because they're looking like a special group of players to me. He's just really really good .

paulw66   
48 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

Yes. Agreed. Really want to see this, especially after last night. 

I'd be surprised if it happens though, because Conte at this stage seems to only be thinking about himself.

Sadly, I don't see him starting at all. He will get 5 or 10 minutes here and there. 

What I want to see:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Rudiger Cahill Emerson

Kante Drinkwater

Willian Hazard Hudson-Odoi

Morata

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Scott, Fabregas, Barkley, Giroud

What we will see:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Cahill Rudiger

Moses Kante Fabregas Alonso

Willian Morata Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Emerson, Christensen, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Pedro, Giroud

Either a narrow win or another draw.

Ham   

CHO is worthy of a game in place of Pedro every week from now on. He's ready on merit, not just because Pedro is off form.