• Current Donation Goals

GURJ SS   

A question...

If Conte played CHO until the end of the season and it resulted in causing major problems with the senior players and then the board because of the senior players moaning, would us fans back Conte?

The reason I ask is because our players seem to be reluctant to work for a manager that demands more than the average manager. Both Jose and Conte want their players to work hard and be proactive, the difference between the two at the moment is that Jose has a set of players who know their manager will be backed so they're putting a shift in; Conte has a set of players that know they will be backed ahead of the manager, we've become a business ahead of a football club and our players are seen as assets which makes them far more financially important than a manager.

Ham   
1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

A question...

If Conte played CHO until the end of the season and it resulted in causing major problems with the senior players and then the board because of the senior players moaning, would us fans back Conte?

The reason I ask is because our players seem to be reluctant to work for a manager that demands more than the average manager. Both Jose and Conte want their players to work hard and be proactive, the difference between the two at the moment is that Jose has a set of players who know their manager will be backed so they're putting a shift in; Conte has a set of players that know they will be backed ahead of the manager, we've become a business ahead of a football club and our players are seen as assets which makes them far more financially important than a manager.

If CHO was chosen ahead of Pedro, how could anyone, including Pedro, complain?

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Musonda, Boga, Kasey Palmer, Izzie Brown and a few others might be unhappy.

Ham   
36 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think he's better than the lot of them. Genuinely. 

31 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think he's better than the lot of them. Genuinely. 

Probably is, but they waited a long long time for chances too.

Ham   
25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Probably is, but they waited a long long time for chances too.

True but the difference this time is that the prospect appears to be a genuine option to some of the senior players. 

The others you have mentioned weren't in the same league as the first teamers at the time. 

Do you remember his first 5 minutes on the pitch in a senior game at SB and can you remember any other prospect looking as comfortable? Ethan Ampadu possibly.....

GURJ SS   
5 hours ago, Ham said:

They shouldn't, but they will. I honestly think we've got a set of players who have got each others back in the wrong way, to the point where they don't even get angry with each other when something goes wrong; they're just waiting for a yes man to come through the door, have a less stressful season and when the real season comes along just go on strike.

11 hours ago, Ham said:

True but the difference this time is that the prospect appears to be a genuine option to some of the senior players. 

The others you have mentioned weren't in the same league as the first teamers at the time. 

Do you remember his first 5 minutes on the pitch in a senior game at SB and can you remember any other prospect looking as comfortable? Ethan Ampadu possibly.....

Well certainly not RLC or McEachran or Musonda or Boga.  There was a young LB called Hughes who scored on hell of a goal from the Left around late 90s , and yet was later described as one of our worst ever players.

Hutchinson looked great about 12 years ago in a cameo.  Kalas was superb in his game.  5 mins is only 5 mins.  I do take your point that CHO looks a better prospect than many of those we have got excited about before.  I just feel it is up to the club to promote the players in their own time, not for us to rush them through.  I also feel that demanding 17 year olds when we have all these 20 years olds sitting around is getting it wrong.  If 17 is young enough, 20, 21, 22 is surely time to push people out.  

Here are some stats on Cahill, taken after the Watford game (not including games since)

Chelsea without Gary Cahill:

9 PL games
8 wins
1 draw

Chelsea with Gary Cahill:

17 PL games
7 wins
5 draws
5 defeats

Basically all our defeats and all but one of our draws up until Watford this season, Cahill was playing. He missed the defeats against Spurs, United, City and Barca - who, to be fair, are much tougher opposition than Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace and West Ham. Cahill was directly responsible for the Hammers equaliser on Sunday, and we may have won if not for his error.

He isn't even the real leader or captain. Dave is the real captain. He's the one who goes to the Youth Cup games. He's the one who speaks up first after matches, when we've done badly, he's the one who goes to the away fans when we lose, and made a statement when Butch died (Cahill has yet to make one, and he's the club captain). Dave is the one who kisses the badge for Butch. He's the one who is Mr Consistent every single time. He's more of a leader Cahill ever was IMO.

Cahill was a great player for us for a while, and was excellent last year. But he's having a Bran 2015/16 year, and it's time for him to go.

18 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Of those, only Musonda has the talent to make our first team squad. The others, sadly, are PL quality but not Chelsea quality.

IMO it's clear to see that Hudson-Adoi has potentially Hazard-level talent, he's going to a world class player, without any doubt whatsoever. He's on a different level to any of our other academy products