• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Could Spurs possibly Spurs it?

They are looking very Spursy. My home town took another lovely 2 points off them to tonight. That's 5 dropped in two games....could you imagine if we beat them in the cup final and took 4th place?? From this position it would feel like winning the Prem league, the CL, the World Cup, the boat race and the Great British Bake off all in one weekend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

They are looking very Spursy. My home town took another lovely 2 points off them to tonight. That's 5 dropped in two games....could you imagine if we beat them in the cup final and took 4th place?? From this position it would feel like winning the Prem league, the CL, the World Cup, the boat race and the Great British Bake off all in one weekend. 

We'd need a parade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

They are looking very Spursy. My home town took another lovely 2 points off them to tonight. That's 5 dropped in two games....could you imagine if we beat them in the cup final and took 4th place?? From this position it would feel like winning the Prem league, the CL, the World Cup, the boat race and the Great British Bake off all in one weekend. 

I would rather we beat utd in the final nobly and get top four - honesty I have never disliked anyone more than mourhino since my maths teacher said I would never account for anything...which I did...better than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
9 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

They are looking very Spursy. My home town took another lovely 2 points off them to tonight. That's 5 dropped in two games....could you imagine if we beat them in the cup final and took 4th place?? From this position it would feel like winning the Prem league, the CL, the World Cup, the boat race and the Great British Bake off all in one weekend. 

Annoyingly, even after losing to them, if we had beaten West Ham, we'd still have been able to put pressure on Spurs and Liverpool. We have a game in hand on Liverpool and have them to play at home.

Win the game in hand, beat Liverpool and we'll be 4 points behind. Beating the Hammers would have reduced that to just 2 points. With them worrying about 2 CL semi matches, it would have been game on. Liverpool aside, what are the remaining games? Swansea, Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle.....

Burnley will be tough and Tubby has got Newcastle playing much better, but all winnable games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kev61 said:

I would rather we beat utd in the final nobly and get top four - honesty I have never disliked anyone more than mourhino since my maths teacher said I would never account for anything...which I did...better than him.

Your Real name is:  Kevin de Bruyne!

 

and your Maths Teacher turned out to be a very very effective motivator!

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Annoyingly, even after losing to them, if we had beaten West Ham, we'd still have been able to put pressure on Spurs and Liverpool. We have a game in hand on Liverpool and have them to play at home.

Win the game in hand, beat Liverpool and we'll be 4 points behind. Beating the Hammers would have reduced that to just 2 points. With them worrying about 2 CL semi matches, it would have been game on. Liverpool aside, what are the remaining games? Swansea, Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle.....

Burnley will be tough and Tubby has got Newcastle playing much better, but all winnable games. 

yes the fact that we have not even made a fight of this has given our hated rivals space to prepare for these games. As you say, a win against west ham would have made things very very interesting now. Nevertheless we need Spurs to keep looking over their shoulder. If we get 12 points out of last 15 and they get only 6 from final 12 , fourth place will be ours. It's not impossible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kev61 said:

I would rather we beat utd in the final nobly and get top four - honesty I have never disliked anyone more than mourhino since my maths teacher said I would never account for anything...which I did...better than him.

Of course you would Kev but I think you will find you're on your own there.  Much as I hate to see United winning anything, pissing on Spurs parade as they anticipate a trophy for their empty cabinet would be far too delicious. London's top team? Not on my watch thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

yes the fact that we have not even made a fight of this has given our hated rivals space to prepare for these games. As you say, a win against west ham would have made things very very interesting now. Nevertheless we need Spurs to keep looking over their shoulder. If we get 12 points out of last 15 and they get only 6 from final 12 , fourth place will be ours. It's not impossible. 

 

We now need all 15 if they are to get 6 would be funny if that happened to beat them by 1 pt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Your Real name is:  Kevin de Bruyne!

 

and your Maths Teacher turned out to be a very very effective motivator!

No my real name is Catherine Deneuve and I was a very fine actress even if I say so myself!.' My maths teacher was a prick that thought he was the centre of the universe even though he didn't add up( sorry for the pun)and was full of shite - even though he was a teacher he didn't teach very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
14 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Of course you would Kev but I think you will find you're on your own there.  Much as I hate to see United winning anything, pissing on Spurs parade as they anticipate a trophy for their empty cabinet would be far too delicious. London's top team? Not on my watch thank you. 

I have to admit Nobly Spurs really aren't on my radar they trail in our wake and are a non - entity compared to us in recent history - no I would love us to get Utd in the final(if we get there)and see Utd with their 'great history' and that clueless Warlock Mourhino running down the tunnel after we win....oh the joy!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.