• Current Donation Goals

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, paulw66 said:

CHO should start this game, and all remaining league games from here on in. The boy is such a talent. 

Yes. He's got more talent than Pedro or Willian. His talent is frightening. Once he gets in, he'll be difficult to dislodge.

3 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Here are some stats on Cahill, taken after the Watford game (not including games since)

Chelsea without Gary Cahill:

9 PL games
8 wins
1 draw

Chelsea with Gary Cahill:

17 PL games
7 wins
5 draws
5 defeats

Basically all our defeats and all but one of our draws up until Watford this season, Cahill was playing. He missed the defeats against Spurs, United, City and Barca - who, to be fair, are much tougher opposition than Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace and West Ham. Cahill was directly responsible for the Hammers equaliser on Sunday, and we may have won if not for his error.

He isn't even the real leader or captain. Dave is the real captain. He's the one who goes to the Youth Cup games. He's the one who speaks up first after matches, when we've done badly, he's the one who goes to the away fans when we lose, and made a statement when Butch died (Cahill has yet to make one, and he's the club captain). Dave is the one who kisses the badge for Butch. He's the one who is Mr Consistent every single time. He's more of a leader Cahill ever was IMO.

Cahill was a great player for us for a while, and was excellent last year. But he's having a Bran 2015/16 year, and it's time for him to go.

James, whilst the stats do show our results are worse when Cahill plays, the comparison isn't fair due to the large amount of games with Cahill vs without, so % would be much clearer and fair and also for the fact that you've decided to remove certain games from the stats because they were tougher opponents anyway and therefore shouldn't count as defeats without Cahill... which makes no sense. Also, to pick out one player and compare and then come to the conclusion he is the reason we've been losing is also unfair - the whole team has underperformed. For some reason you've had it in for Cahill for a very long time and I don't really know why. Yes his form this season hasn't been great, but last season he was good for us and before then he has been very good for us - CL semi and final?

You're also making sweeping statements based on no facts and are actually quite wrong. He goes to youth matches (not just cup matches). Cahill made a statement about Ray Wilkins on the official Chelsea TV channel that then also went out on the social channels. Cahill didn't kiss the badge for butch? Oh come on!

I'm not defending Cahill's performances recently, but that post is just full of made up nonsense to fit your opinion.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

7 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Of those, only Musonda has the talent to make our first team squad. The others, sadly, are PL quality but not Chelsea quality.

IMO it's clear to see that Hudson-Adoi has potentially Hazard-level talent, he's going to a world class player, without any doubt whatsoever. He's on a different level to any of our other academy products

You have said pretty much the same about half a dozen players recently.

kev61   
On 09/04/2018 at 7:03 AM, Mark Kelly said:

I think we'll start quite brightly , threaten a few times before finally scraping a scrappy goal . Willian will be one on one with only the keeper to beat to make it two goals before doing eighty  three step overs allowing Southampton to train a new defender from their youth ranks who'll eventually make his debut just in time to stop Willian scoring .

We'll hit the post and bar , the keeper will perform miracles ( he's quite good this one ) Morata will have another offside goal chalked off , Pedro will be introduced and shoot every time he gets the ball , normally from inside his own half and Shane long will out jump the defence and score two late goals for a Southampton win Courtois will go down in instalments in a desperate attempt to reach his post match interview notes about how sunny it is in Madrid before they get muddy .

Conte will ramble on about working hard.

Marina will sign Fernando Torres in a player exchange for Kante.

Do I like this!

kev61   
On 09/04/2018 at 0:49 PM, James Prescott said:

I can predict the team now. Same team, same tactics as last week. Southampton will play the game of their lives. 

We’ll create lots of chances and they will score with their only chance(s) and either draw or win. 

Conte will bring a striker on in the last 10 mins to win the game, and he will merely replace another. 

Hudson-Adoi and Emerson will be nowhere near the team. The same knackered XI. Cahill will do his usual job of ensuring we don’t keep a clean sheet, like yesterday when his mistake led directly to their goal.

Conte will moan in the pre-match press conference and talk about his loyalty to his pay off *ahem*, to Chelsea, then blame everyone but himself when we don’t win. And talk about working. Again. 

No point in even watching it. We all know how it turns out. That’s how sick I am of Conte and the garbage we are served up every week. 

James it's about time you start speaking your mind.We need leaders in this forum!.

jones   

So, will Conte try something new after 3.5 months of horrible results? Or will he continue with the uninspired formation and first XI that both struggle to convert chances and are fragile defensively?

What we should do is start shaking things up, letting players like Emerson, CHO, Barkley feel there is a chance of being part of this team, and making underperforming players like Alonso, Moses, Fabregas, Hazard etc feel the competition.

4-3-3 has been waiting to get introduced for about half a year now. I would go:

Courtois

Azpi Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Barkley/Bakayoko Kante Fabregas

Willian Morata Hazard/CHO

Edited by jones

13 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

James, whilst the stats do show our results are worse when Cahill plays, the comparison isn't fair due to the large amount of games with Cahill vs without, so % would be much clearer and fair and also for the fact that you've decided to remove certain games from the stats because they were tougher opponents anyway and therefore shouldn't count as defeats without Cahill... which makes no sense. Also, to pick out one player and compare and then come to the conclusion he is the reason we've been losing is also unfair - the whole team has underperformed. For some reason you've had it in for Cahill for a very long time and I don't really know why. Yes his form this season hasn't been great, but last season he was good for us and before then he has been very good for us - CL semi and final?

You're also making sweeping statements based on no facts and are actually quite wrong. He goes to youth matches (not just cup matches). Cahill made a statement about Ray Wilkins on the official Chelsea TV channel that then also went out on the social channels. Cahill didn't kiss the badge for butch? Oh come on!

I'm not defending Cahill's performances recently, but that post is just full of made up nonsense to fit your opinion.

I could say the same about yours.

Cahill has been underperforming all season. He's the weakest link in our defence.

I don't "have it in" for him just as I didn't have it in for Bran in his last season with us, when he was abysmal and deserved to be dropped. Doesn't change his status as a club legend, as I said, he was maginificent last year and deserves a lot of credit.

But he's never been a world class CB in the JT, Carvalho or Gallas class. He shouldn't have been made captain. Dave was always the best candidate (or Luiz possibly).

I only picked out those stats as they were all I could find quickly. We've lost 4 games without Cahill, the ones I actually mentioned, and he has no blame for those. I hadn't seen his statement about Butch, so fair play to him for that. I've not seen him at Youth Cup games, but if he was there, fair enough. Those things are just window dressing though.

The key fact is he is not good enough for us anymore, he's 31 (maybe even 32) and not going to get any better. He gets nowhere near our first choice XI. Bournemouth actually said after they beat us 3--0 that they had targeted Cahill specifically. Watford clearly did it the next game. There's a reason.

I respect all Cahill has done for our club, but it's time for him to go. I have no agenda, other than Chelsea having a quality squad, and he's not Chelsea level anymore.

33 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I could say the same about yours.

Cahill has been underperforming all season. He's the weakest link in our defence.

I don't "have it in" for him just as I didn't have it in for Bran in his last season with us, when he was abysmal and deserved to be dropped. Doesn't change his status as a club legend, as I said, he was maginificent last year and deserves a lot of credit.

But he's never been a world class CB in the JT, Carvalho or Gallas class. He shouldn't have been made captain. Dave was always the best candidate (or Luiz possibly).

I only picked out those stats as they were all I could find quickly. We've lost 4 games without Cahill, the ones I actually mentioned, and he has no blame for those. I hadn't seen his statement about Butch, so fair play to him for that. I've not seen him at Youth Cup games, but if he was there, fair enough. Those things are just window dressing though.

The key fact is he is not good enough for us anymore, he's 31 (maybe even 32) and not going to get any better. He gets nowhere near our first choice XI. Bournemouth actually said after they beat us 3--0 that they had targeted Cahill specifically. Watford clearly did it the next game. There's a reason.

I respect all Cahill has done for our club, but it's time for him to go. I have no agenda, other than Chelsea having a quality squad, and he's not Chelsea level anymore.

Say the same about mine then.

Cahill was Vice Captain to JT and was captain for the majority of our title winning season and so I can see some pretty logical reasons for him to be handed the arm band this season. As I said, I'm no defending his form and I agree he has never been world class, I don't see that as part of the discussion at all... I don't think anyone has or would claim him to be or have been World Class. Solid yes, World Class very much no.

But you excluded stats that would have evened out your stats a little, which just feels a little unfair is all I was saying.

You say 'those things are just window dressing', but those are the very things you picked out to claim Azpilicueta was the true captain because he did those exact things, but when Cahill does them it makes no impact? Doesn't make sense.

I love Azpilicueta and agree he is a leader and arguably going forward he should be club captain ahead of Cahill, although that said I still think we are lacking true leaders of men, the types of Lampard, Terry, Ballack, Drogba etc who were natural captains... I don't see Azpilicueta at that level and I wouldn't be against a new signing coming in as captain if he were one of those natural leaders.

I wouldn't throw Cahill out just yet, I'd let him see out his contract as I think having English players in the squad is vital, his experience is extremely important to have around the club and I se no harm in having him here as a squad player next year.

As I said previously, I'm not disagreeing with your opinion of his form, but your post just seemed to be picking out unfair and untrue things to beat him with.

So which one of the Southampton games do we screw up?  Had they not been next weeks opponents in the cup I would have had money on tomorrow being a defeat...early kick off...struggling team showing signs of fight....Shane Long...Charlie Austin... all the signs.

However with this squad, its far more likely they go out and smash the saints 3-0 tomorrow then get complacent in the semi final and lose 2-1 in extra time. 1-0 up miss several chances but  after a defensive miscommunication involving Courtois and Hudson Odoi ( who as finally been given his chance in extra time but underplays a passback and is never the same player again eventually getting farmed out to boro or reading)...thats our season in a nutshell...