• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Burnley at Turf Moor, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Thursday, 19th April, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Hmmm a team who give 110% a home to a side who've been dialing it in for months .

Tough one .

3-0 

chara   

Until recently (the Barnes incident really) I always had a soft spot for Burnley as they were the opponents for my first Chelsea game. A good club then with a fine youth reputation. Dislike the manager now..another touchstone for my opinion of a team..very scientific of course!

Another away game that requires application and focus but do the players care anymore?

I'd like to think that the fight back vs Southampton will have got the players excited and interested again and that maybe they'll use that to go to Burnley and get a result... but I'm not convinced. Burnley this season is possibly the worst game for this set of players at this point of the season. They're not a big name, nothing for our players to get excited about, however they are extremely well organised, work very hard and aren't afraid to stick a boot in... our boys couldn't be more the opposite at the moment. With FA Cup in mind I'd go:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Rudiger Cahill Emerson

Drinkwater Kante Barkley

Pedro Giroud CHO

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Fabregas, Hazard, Willian, Morata

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'd like to think that the fight back vs Southampton will have got the players excited and interested again and that maybe they'll use that to go to Burnley and get a result... but I'm not convinced. Burnley this season is possibly the worst game for this set of players at this point of the season. They're not a big name, nothing for our players to get excited about, however they are extremely well organised, work very hard and aren't afraid to stick a boot in... our boys couldn't be more the opposite at the moment. With FA Cup in mind I'd go:

Courtois

Drinkwater Kante Barkley

Pedro Giroud CHO

Little chance you're going to see three players (Emerson, Drinkwater and Barkley) all start given how little match fitness they have behind them. 

Holymoly   
7 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Little chance you're going to see three players (Emerson, Drinkwater and Barkley) all start given how little match fitness they have behind them. 

And the fact Conte plays basically the same side every game unless forced by injury to do otherwise.

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Courtois

Drinkwater Kante Barkley

Pedro Giroud CHO

Well my friend, I fear your so far off the mark here that you're almost on another website. Let's just talk about your back line.

Rudiger is now sitting on the naughty step next to David Luiz for starters, Azpi will probably play at left back rather than risk Emerson for more than three minutes on a football pitch (and Azpi is clearly designed as a CB not a FB) and anyway where did you get the crazy insane idea that Conte is going to go for a back four!!! A brief scan over the pages of this forum recently will tell you that is suicide :

a) we don't have the personnel to do it

b) if we did it still wouldn't work and we'd lose by even more goals

c) It's just not trendy anymore

d) we don't want evidence that we have wasted half a season without Luiz, on a trendy system that simply can't work without Luiz in that system, and in the process drop like a stone out of the top four. 

Conte would be two sandwiches short of a picnic to suddenly re-install that system now!! (nice try though)

Actually on the subject of Rudiger joining Luiz on the naughty step for apparently saying "something" to Conte, a couple of thoughts came to mind. What a shame Bakayoko didn't pipe up at the start of the season with a bit of banter towards Conte such as : "hey wiggy, all you needed to do was shave it all off like me and you could have saved yourself a fortune!!".  That's a year on the naughty step right there. 

But then I worry for a player like Kante. He's a very quiet chap apparently, keeps himself to himself, drives a mini (so no pretensions). But sometimes I have noticed in interviews that he looks at you out the corner of his eye in what could be interpreted as "a funny way". If Conte catches sight of that heading in his direction, we could lose our star player until Christmas. 

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Like 1

Honestly , I cannot wait for this season to end . I'm hoping Conte won't sign any confidentiality clauses either .

49 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Honestly , I cannot wait for this season to end . I'm hoping Conte won't sign any confidentiality clauses either .

There was a bit of a first for me at the week-end. I took the missus to Windsor for a couple of nights (I think she's psyching herself up for the Royal wedding, but anyway) on the Saturday morning she said "I suppose you'll want to find a pub and watch the football?". I said "nah let's go and see inside the castle, I haven't seen that before". And very nice it was too!