• Current Donation Goals

4 hours ago, Holymoly said:

And the fact Conte plays basically the same side every game unless forced by injury to do otherwise.

Yes as we're back to one game a week we're back to the same 13 or so players involved every time, although without the results to match. More and more squad members (Emerson, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Barkley, Bakayoko) will be wondering why they signed here just to sit on the bench or in the stands.

For what's it's worth I'd like to same the same 442/4231 that led to 3 goals yesterday, rather than the 5 at the back that saw us go 2-0 down and then have a nervous last 10.

Courtois

Azpilicueta Rüdiger Christensen Alonso

Fabregas Kanté 

Willian Hazard Pedro

Giroud 

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Emerson, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Barkley, Morata

(I'm expecting Hudson-Odoi to be in Switzerland for the UEFA youth league semi on Friday)

Ham   

Did anyone actually see/hear what Rudiger said?

It was absolutely nothing. It sounded more like he was criticising himself and teammates and not Conte. "Why do we keep letting teams back into it when we're 1-0 up" was the gyst.

He really isn't helping himself and I can't wait for him to go now. He's contracting Mourinho-like traits and I don't like it.

33 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Yes as we're back to one game a week we're back to the same 13 or so players involved every time, although without the results to match. More and more squad members (Emerson, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Barkley, Bakayoko) will be wondering why they signed here just to sit on the bench or in the stands.

For what's it's worth I'd like to same the same 442/4231 that led to 3 goals yesterday, rather than the 5 at the back that saw us go 2-0 down and then have a nervous last 10.

Courtois

Azpilicueta Rüdiger Christensen Alonso

Fabregas Kanté 

Willian Hazard Pedro

Giroud 

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Emerson, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Barkley, Morata

(I'm expecting Hudson-Odoi to be in Switzerland for the UEFA youth league semi on Friday)

I genuinely don't know much about this game or its formation coz I have only seen brief highlights. The match thread was strangely useless for info too! I know we switched to a four ...did we then go back to a five? How did we line up to start with? It sounds like the infamous Arsenal game last season when he changed from 4 to 3 at half time.  

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

It was absolutely nothing. It sounded more like he was criticising himself and teammates and not Conte. "Why do we keep letting teams back into it when we're 1-0 up" was the gyst.

He really isn't helping himself and I can't wait for him to go now. He's contracting Mourinho-like traits and I don't like it.

Quite agree. If it was a forward that had made that comment it could be an indication of friction within the camp, but for a defender to say it?? Clearly self criticism, and there is nothing wrong with that Mr Conte (you should try it sometime). You know 7 points is not impossible to make up but I just don't think Conte has the right mentality or "intenzitty" to galvanise this bunch of footballers.  

16 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Thursday, 19th April, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

A nice opportunity to acclimatise to Thursday night football. Fancy Giroud to rescue us from the bench again after Conte f***s up the selection.

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

To be fair, we only have the tabloids' words that was the reason why Rudiger wasn't involved yesterday. A player fails to make the match-day squad and journalists who rarely have something good to say about Chelsea find an angle with which to lambast the manager further. Well there's a surprise!

44 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes , if it's true and he's in such a funk over Rudiger criticising his team mates then he's utterly lost the plot .

I fully understand that one man should be calling the shots and rightly so as after all he's the one who's going to pay for it , but if it's true then he deserves everything that's coming to him .

Particularly when week in week out we see him urging the side onwards when they're dilly dallying after going 1-0 up.

I would prefer we wheedle out the idiots but what can you do when the manager appears to be one sometimes ?

Mourinho like traits ? Working with our board is probably the reason , they reward achievement with indifference , or hindrance .

My team (4-3-3)

Courtois

Dave Christensen Rudiger Emerson

Drinkwater Kante Barkley

Pedro Giroud Hazard

4-3-3 as Conte changed our tactics (for once) yesterday and it worked (before he changed back and we looked crap again for the last 5-10 mins). I would pick HO if he was going to be in the squad (he isn’t, Youth Team duties). We also have to bear in mind the semi only 3 days later. Giroud has earned a start. Barkley and Drinkwater deserve a start and Fabregas needs a rest. Alonso could be banned anyway but does need a rest. Rudiger in for Cahill for obvious reasons. 

Not 100% confident here. But coming off a win makes it easier for sure. 

Conte won’t pick this team or formation though. He will keep up his petty ego trip with Rudiger and play Calamity Cahill. And play 3-4-3 even though it’s been found out.

Only solace is we are 6 points above Arsenal in 6th now after Newcastle beat them today, so 5th is a lot more secure. 

Edited by James Prescott

Ham   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mourinho like traits ? Working with our board is probably the reason , they reward achievement with indifference , or hindrance .

I meant by publicly alienating players to the point where they are left with a decision to make.  I could name the players but that discussion has been done to death on here. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

I meant by publicly alienating players to the point where they are left with a decision to make.  I could name the players but that discussion has been done to death on here. 

Ahh right . To single out Rudiger , one of the few who's actually trying is most bizarre .

As I said earlier , I cannot wait for the end of the season so we can draw a line under the whole thing .

Personally I think keeping this playing staff will be somewhere like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic but I cannot imagine anyone coming who will be given either the time or the backing to have the clear out we require , the board have mismanaged  the squad for so long now we're past the point of no return and are left with a monumental task .