• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup Semi-Final match against Southampton at Wembley Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Sunday 22nd April, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

jones   

Must be hard for Southampton to find focus and strength, even if it is a semi-final, considering they are fighting for relegation and know they don't have any chance of going all the way. Should make us even bigger favorites. Willian's form has dropped recently, so would be tempted to see Hazard in behind the two CFs. 

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Cahill

Moses Fabregas Kante Emerson

Hazard

Giroud Morata

paulw66   
10 hours ago, jones said:

Must be hard for Southampton to find focus and strength, even if it is a semi-final, considering they are fighting for relegation and know they don't have any chance of going all the way. Should make us even bigger favorites. Willian's form has dropped recently, so would be tempted to see Hazard in behind the two CFs. 

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Cahill

Moses Fabregas Kante Emerson

Hazard

Giroud Morata

Is that the team you would pick, or the team you think he will pick?

Personally, the fact Hazard and Willian were on the bench yesterday means they both start Sunday. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Zappa is our LWB too; would annoy me, but can see it happening. I think he will pick

Courtois, Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger, Zappa, Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Giroud. 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Is that the team you would pick, or the team you think he will pick?

Personally, the fact Hazard and Willian were on the bench yesterday means they both start Sunday. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Zappa is our LWB too; would annoy me, but can see it happening. I think he will pick

Courtois, Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger, Zappa, Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Giroud. 

That is almost certainly the team he will pick. Very, very harsh on Emerson and Cahill.

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

That is almost certainly the team he will pick. Very, very harsh on Emerson and Cahill.

With Emerson, having barely played for a year, I wonder if 2 starts in 4 days will be considered too much. We shall see. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

With Emerson, having barely played for a year, I wonder if 2 starts in 4 days will be considered too much. We shall see. 

Conte already said as much in his pre Burnley press conference .

14 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Old big nose has gone then (we want him to stay...)

He's an easy target to mock , Wenger , but he did keep them relevant and in the Champions League spots throughout the course of buying a new stadium which in my opinion is an absolutely amazing achievement , they play nice football which apparently is the be all and end all even if they have fallen short at times and way short at others.

We are about to experience just how difficult it is to do just that , we haven't even got the stadium yet and we've not done it and I'm a Conte apologist to boot so goodness knows what will happen if we have to go back to the drawing board again with a new set of philosophies and players , particularly if we give the gooners a leg up by dropping Conte right into their laps just when their support is tired of pretty football and want some winning football instead.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's an easy target to mock , Wenger , but he did keep them relevant and in the Champions League spots throughout the course of buying a new stadium which in my opinion is an absolutely amazing achievement , they play nice football which apparently is the be all and end all even if they have fallen short at times and way short at others.

We are about to experience just how difficult it is to do just that , we haven't even got the stadium yet and we've not done it and I'm a Conte apologist to boot so goodness knows what will happen if we have to go back to the drawing board again with a new set of philosophies and players , particularly if we give the gooners a leg up by dropping Conte right into their laps just when their support is tired of pretty football and want some winning football instead.

Well they have mocked the hell out of us over the years (80s and 90s were torture) , so if I get an easy Arsenal target I'm gonna make sure I hit it. You wouldn't want him here Mark would you?? (and he has got a big nose)

12 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well they have mocked the hell out of us over the years (80s and 90s were torture) , so if I get an easy Arsenal target I'm gonna make sure I hit it. You wouldn't want him here Mark would you?? (and he has got a big nose)

I didn't mean you shouldn't mock him and no , I wouldn't want him here , I think his time has gone  and he has indeed got a big nose .

Don't get me wrong I have no love in my heart for Arsenal whatsoever they're just a bit nicer than Spurs !