• Current Donation Goals

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I didn't mean you shouldn't mock him and no , I wouldn't want him here , I think his time has gone  and he has indeed got a big nose .

Don't get me wrong I have no love in my heart for Arsenal whatsoever they're just a bit nicer than Spurs !

A whole one side of my family are gooners and nearly all my mates. Talk about circle the wagons. I don't actually know that many Spuds but I believe they are insufferable. 

6 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

A whole one side of my family are gooners and nearly all my mates. Talk about circle the wagons. I don't actually know that many Spuds but I believe they are insufferable. 

Every Spurs supporter I have ever met has been entitled to the point of idiocy , they truly believe they are THE team in London despite not having done anything to worry Brasso salesmen and Trophy engravers throughout the country.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Every Spurs supporter I have ever met has been entitled to the point of idiocy , they truly believe they are THE team in London despite not having done anything to worry Brasso salesmen and Trophy engravers throughout the country.

We cannot let them have this FA cup

jones   
12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Is that the team you would pick, or the team you think he will pick?

Personally, the fact Hazard and Willian were on the bench yesterday means they both start Sunday. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Zappa is our LWB too; would annoy me, but can see it happening. I think he will pick

Courtois, Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger, Zappa, Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Giroud. 

Listed the team I would pick. But think you are right with what you think he would pick. Emerson and Cahill just misses out. For me, I loved seeing the two up front combo, and would be thrilled if it was Eden and not Pedro behind them.

8 hours ago, jones said:

Listed the team I would pick. But think you are right with what you think he would pick. Emerson and Cahill just misses out. For me, I loved seeing the two up front combo, and would be thrilled if it was Eden and not Pedro behind them.

For me, I thought that it was far too narrow. I honestly hope its not a long term change because we are already a very static footballing side and to become even more static, to me, is a big no-no. 

Maybe if one of the 2 strikers could drop a little deep the way Rooney, Benzema, Tevez etc used to then it could possibly make sense - but 2 target men? I hope not.

xCELERYx   
3 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

For me, I thought that it was far too narrow. I honestly hope its not a long term change because we are already a very static footballing side and to become even more static, to me, is a big no-no. 

Maybe if one of the 2 strikers could drop a little deep the way Rooney, Benzema, Tevez etc used to then it could possibly make sense - but 2 target men? I hope not.

TBH it's the opposite for me. I thought two upfront was a lot better than just a single CF and the two AM's in behind. It gave us more options in the box, it allowed our WB's an actual target to cross into from those wider areas, while our play was a lot more direct at times. Given both haven't played together before, I thought it worked fairly well overall. If they can improve their combination play - more so Morata with his decisions to play one-two's in behind despite Giroud lacking pace to get onto them, then there is some promise. 

It does limit us a bit more in terms of being able to apply forward pressure though - given the nature of both strikers. Although, Giroud did close down more frequently than I had expected he would.

This might be a bit more against the grain, but I enjoyed not seeing Hazard out on the pitch slowing play down to a halt and trying to be too cute. At least until he came on towards the end and did exactly that. Pains me at times that he isn't more direct and tries to "Arsenal's it" too much.

I'd pick:

Caballero

Azpilicueta Christensen Cahill

Moses Kante Fabregas Emerson

Hazard

Giroud Morata

Bench: Courtois, Rudiger, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Pedro, Willian

What I think Conte will pick:

Caballero

Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger

Moses Kante Fabregas Zappacosta

Willian Morata Hazard

Bench: Courtois, Cahill, Emerson, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Pedro, Giroud

Either way we should win this, no real excuses not too.

jones   
2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

TBH it's the opposite for me. I thought two upfront was a lot better than just a single CF and the two AM's in behind. It gave us more options in the box, it allowed our WB's an actual target to cross into from those wider areas, while our play was a lot more direct at times. Given both haven't played together before, I thought it worked fairly well overall. If they can improve their combination play - more so Morata with his decisions to play one-two's in behind despite Giroud lacking pace to get onto them, then there is some promise. 

It does limit us a bit more in terms of being able to apply forward pressure though - given the nature of both strikers. Although, Giroud did close down more frequently than I had expected he would.

Yes. Not a coincidence both our wing backs got an assist. We have been dying for a change like that for the last few months.

The last 12-15 months teams have started to easily cope with our 3-4-3, and especially hard is it for our CF against three CBs, and thus we cross less as the target is very difficult to hit. It did not help much when we switched to 3-5-2 as Hazard is not much of a target man. The idea then was good: it was for him to drop down as a 10, upsetting the shape of the opponent and creating space for Bakayoko to enter the box. This worked really well against Atletico and United. And had Bakayoko been more efficient we would perhaps still be playing 3-5-2. 

8 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Yeah, this is one of my fears with the system and I think its going to make us a lot easier to close down. The full back (Moses) actually improved his game this time but he is not very consistent and, honestly, if/when he reverts to type I fear that we are going to have a very hard time building attacking threat in this formation and may have to resort to hoofing it upfield to Giroud.

We have already sacrificed a midfielder to go with 3 CBs, and now we're going to sacrifice a left or right forward as well to accommodate a striker who isn't known for a whole lot more than being good in the box throughout his career. And then we're going to rely more heavily on a very inconsistent RWB. Recipe for disaster long term IMO.

Well , we've just won two in the spin for the first time for a while,  maybe three is too much to ask ?