• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
On 4/28/2018 at 8:50 PM, Gormangorman said:

I am awaiting the multiple replays of ayew's assault on all media and subsequent calls for retrospective banning from all the media and pundits....oh wait he doesn't play for chelsea.

Surprise, surprise, it wasn't mentioned on MOTD at all. Completely ignored. It was a deliberate assault. 3 game ban. 

On 4/29/2018 at 2:22 AM, RobertoftheGiz said:

Courtois distribution and commanding his area was piss poor again.

I counted at least 3 occasions he put the back 3 under pressure by playing a short pass instead of humping up to Giroud. 

I think the mans head is already in Madrid or Paris. 

Caballero does the same. It is the instruction from the coach. In the semi final last weekend, Willy hit the ball straight out of play looking for a short pass as opposed to going long. 

51 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

And now he has an average game but because we all assume he is bad and have it our minds, we're looking for it more in him, rather than giving him the opportunity to prove us wrong.

He's low on confidence right now and Conte doesn't know how to use or manage him. I don't want another De Bruyne situation happening with him, he is still only 22/23 and will improve - and the Bakayoko of last year surely will come back. Drinkwater allegedly wants to move so he will play every week, and RLC can replace him (and will start IMO). Bakayoko deserves at least one more full season to prove himself. Then, if he still plays abysmally, we can get rid.

One average game and multiple awful ones....... I agree though, they may as well give him a second season. Convinced there is a player in there somewhere. Matt Law wrote an article the other day where he suggests we are going to keep as the board are annoyed about how quickly how we gave up on Salah and KDb

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think Baka was a Conte signing given he's spoken about how he intended for him to understudy Matic for a season before being introduced to the squad next year but I don't think we can pin Drinkwater on him , Drinkwater fits the boards profile , English and Injured . Personally I quite like Drinkwater anyway he's a perfect squad player . 

Except he is not very good, and is often injured. His role should have been filled by a Chalobah or next season, Ampadu. With any luck we will find a daft enough team to buy him for most of what we spent. 

3 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Bakayoko was immense for Monaco last season - that kind of talent doesn't just disappear.

Was he - did you see this yourself.  It sounds to me that there were an awful lot of brilliant players at Monaco last year - quite a few went to clubs with more money for even higher prices, and I think the only reason we paid so much was that Monaco had so much for Mbappe, Mendy and Silva that they could only justify selling Baka for silly money.

What he certainly didn't do last season was to control first touch and look up to pass accurately - that kind of high level technique does not disappear so quickly.  He might have been faster, more aggressive, sharper in the tackle - more of an Essien.  But he couldn't have been more of a Fabregas or a Hazard - he just lacks these things.

Also I keep hearing he was some kind of Box to Box  AM last season.  Is that really true?
25 league starts, 2 goals 1  assist.  In a team that got 107 league goals.  Sounds like a DM/3rd CB to me.

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Surprise, surprise, it wasn't mentioned on MOTD at all. Completely ignored. It was a deliberate assault. 3 game ban. 

Caballero does the same. It is the instruction from the coach. In the semi final last weekend, Willy hit the ball straight out of play looking for a short pass as opposed to going long. 

One average game and multiple awful ones....... I agree though, they may as well give him a second season. Convinced there is a player in there somewhere. Matt Law wrote an article the other day where he suggests we are going to keep as the board are annoyed about how quickly how we gave up on Salah and KDb

Except he is not very good, and is often injured. His role should have been filled by a Chalobah or next season, Ampadu. With any luck we will find a daft enough team to buy him for most of what we spent. 

We never gave up on KdB. He gave up on us (or maybe José). I'm not saying we handled him well, but he was not willing to battle for his place and asked to leave.

36 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

We never gave up on KdB. He gave up on us (or maybe José). I'm not saying we handled him well, but he was not willing to battle for his place and asked to leave.

KdB's body language at Chelsea was not good.  I am surprised how well he has gone on to achieve.  Salah is a funny one.  Thought he was an amazing signing at a knock down price but he was just not very good when playing for us.  I remember his last game against Shrewsbury in the league cup.  Hard to believe it is the same player as he made Shrewsbury's full back look like Paulo Maldini!

You win some you lose some.  Dave cost us £7 million.  The scousers signed Markovic, over us apparently, does anyone know where he is now? 

paulw66   
20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Also I keep hearing he was some kind of Box to Box  AM last season.  Is that really true?
25 league starts, 2 goals 1  assist.  In a team that got 107 league goals.  Sounds like a DM/3rd CB to me.

Whether you call him a box to box midfielder or not, what it does tell you, he isn't a goalscorer. So when you line up at Swansea with:

Rudiger, Cahill, Azpi, Emerson, Moses, Kante, and Bakayoko, you have 7 players unlikely to score from open play. I know he scored but you can almost include Fabregas in that list. That was his second goal this season, and has never got more than 5 in a season for us. And yet Conte* wonders why we don't score very often........

* I like Antonio, but this has to change if we are going to move forward. 

45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Whether you call him a box to box midfielder or not, what it does tell you, he isn't a goalscorer. So when you line up at Swansea with:

Rudiger, Cahill, Azpi, Emerson, Moses, Kante, and Bakayoko, you have 7 players unlikely to score from open play. I know he scored but you can almost include Fabregas in that list. That was his second goal this season, and has never got more than 5 in a season for us. And yet Conte* wonders why we don't score very often........

* I like Antonio, but this has to change if we are going to move forward. 

indeed . You can't get blood from a stone though .

Also , recently we've dropped Cahill who gets the occasional set piece goal and replaced him with Christensen who has a head made of Toblerone , you never know where the ball is going to go , other than the opponents net.

Maybe we should take some more long range shots instead of trying to step over and flick our way to goal ?

paulw66   
54 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

indeed . You can't get blood from a stone though .

Also , recently we've dropped Cahill who gets the occasional set piece goal and replaced him with Christensen who has a head made of Toblerone , you never know where the ball is going to go , other than the opponents net.

Maybe we should take some more long range shots instead of trying to step over and flick our way to goal ?

Cahill and JT were both good for 5 or 6 a season. And Luiz too is more likely to wallop in the odd goal than AC.

Whatever we do, we need to start picking more players who know where the net is.