• Current Donation Goals

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen  Rudiger

Zappacosta Fabregas Kante Emerson

Willian  Hazard

Giroud

We should really be carrying on with our recent good run of form chasing a distant but possible 4th but with this lot you fear another mini slump somewhere before remembering they are playing for Cup final places. We should have enough to beat swansea.

9 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

We should really be carrying on with our recent good run of form chasing a distant but possible 4th but with this lot you fear another mini slump somewhere before remembering they are playing for Cup final places. We should have enough to beat swansea.

Post that 24 games in 11 1/2 week nightmare, our record against teams below us in the Prem has been W7D1

Conte really does know how not to lose against teams we shouldn't lose to.  
Be nice to beat a decent team one day though.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Post that 24 games in 11 1/2 week nightmare, our record against teams below us in the Prem has been W7D1

Conte really does know how not to lose against teams we shouldn't lose to.  
Be nice to beat a decent team one day though.

Yeah.

Won the league without beating any decent teams .

Bloody Conte .

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah.

Won the league without beating any decent teams .

Bloody Conte .

2016/17 Premier League

Matches vs. Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd: P10 W5 D1 L4. Points per match: 1.6

Matches vs. other teams: P28 W25 D2 L1. Points per match: 2.75

2017/18 Premier League

Matches vs. Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd: P9 W2 D3 L4. Points per match: 1

Matches vs. other teams: P25 W17 D3 L5. Points per match: 2.16

I think that trying to win 28 matches and trying to draw 10 matches is actually a pretty good strategy, as long as you can actually win the 28 matches. Everyone still talks about an Arsenal team that won 26 and drew 12. Probably more than they will ever talk about a Chelsea team that won 30, drew 3 and lost 5.

8 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

2016/17 Premier League

Excellent stats.  Thanks - clearly show where Conte's teams have excelled.
I don't mind a team that can beat all the weaker teams - in reality it is points dropped against those outside the top 4-6 that determine titles in every league, and it is precisely that which makes the PL so much tougher than any other league.

It is absolutely necessary to compete for the PL (ie finish with 80+ points).

If you don't do that, then - as those of us that were fans in the 70s or 90s, a good cup run and beating say Leeds at home in the 70s is what makes the season.  

12 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I think that trying to win 28 matches and trying to draw 10 matches is actually a pretty good strategy, as long as you can actually win the 28 matches. Everyone still talks about an Arsenal team that won 26 and drew 12. Probably more than they will ever talk about a Chelsea team that won 30, drew 3 and lost 5.

... and got 3 more points!

For me, taking the gloves off after 55-65 mins and going flat out to convert a draw against a supposedly weaker team into a win is the most fun in watching Chelsea.  I can see the point of waiting till 80 mins.  And I can see that weaker teams wait until 80 mins before they try to snatch a draw from 1 down (because by that time the team leading is less dangerous on counter-attack).  

But starting at 55 mins is so much more fun - take the RB off and make Essien play the whole Right side on his own :)

Sciatika   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

But starting at 55 mins is so much more fun - take the RB off and make Essien play the whole Right side on his own :)

When Bakayoko turned up, I was really hoping we would have another Bison. I miss him.

6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

When Bakayoko turned up, I was really hoping we would have another Bison. I miss him.

He's more like the fattened Calf at the moment

30 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

True - but lets face it, we missed the old bison several seasons before he was gone.  What a player he was before injury.  (and so small for what he did)