• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Swansea City 0 Chelsea 1

Ham   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

Should be enough to comfortably see off Swansea.  4-0. 

Hate to quote myself but I was spot on about the score line.  Not my fault we were so wasteful and only put away one of the four goals we should have. 

The argument is 3 points is all that matters and of course it is, but hanging on at the end, not clinical enough and subs at 80 minutes.

Not for me we are so much better than this...or could be!

Knowing that there is a statistically achievable prospect of sneaking 4th spot on goal difference, albeit tricky, I am flabbergasted at the lack of hunger from both the players and the manager to go for it. 

Well I guess Conte will say that was a good win against a team fighting relegation. 

But Christ it was dull and uninspiring.

Emerson looks decent though and a shout out to Kante who had to cover for both Bakayoko and Fabregas. 

Couldn’t believe Conte waited 80 mins before deciding we needed some pace in the side.

Odd game , we strolled to a close win , defended in numbers , attacked not in numbers , Contes game management was awful , Willian still brain dead (kept hold of the ball for too long then passed when Morata was two yards offside etc) Fabregas , goal aside was poor , Bakayoko improved in the second half but couldn't possibly have gotten worse than he was in the first half . Referee was absolutely appalling , Ayew forearm smashed the back of Cahills head , the ref was so slow taking charge it allowed Cahill to confront Ayew head to head and then the other Ayew got into an altercation with Rudiger and Jon Moss , who should have sent Ayew off didn't even book him ! Who would have been in trouble if the referees behaviour had caused a riot ? Chelsea I expect.

Can't this season just end please ?

37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Odd game , we strolled to a close win , defended in numbers , attacked not in numbers , Contes game management was awful , Willian still brain dead (kept hold of the ball for too long then passed when Morata was two yards offside etc) Fabregas , goal aside was poor , Bakayoko improved in the second half but couldn't possibly have gotten worse than he was in the first half . Referee was absolutely appalling , Ayew forearm smashed the back of Cahills head , the ref was so slow taking charge it allowed Cahill to confront Ayew head to head and then the other Ayew got into an altercation with Rudiger and Jon Moss , who should have sent Ayew off didn't even book him ! Who would have been in trouble if the referees behaviour had caused a riot ? Chelsea I expect.

Can't this season just end please ?

I am awaiting the multiple replays of ayew's assault on all media and subsequent calls for retrospective banning from all the media and pundits....oh wait he doesn't play for chelsea.

Another game we played apparently well within our limits but I'm seriously concerned we are unable to play much better.  It was kind of like a 541 diamond with Hazard front, Baka left, Fabregas right and Kante bottom, and the FBs not making too much effort to get forward (though Kante seems to have the shackles off ever since the Barca game where he was a constant threat).

And another game where we tried to shut up shop but looked much worse for it.  I have to admit to being a bit confused, we generally look very disappointing in games like this, but win them, while we have looked a much better team against Spurs, Barca and Man U, and lost.  I suspect the explanation is that when teams make a real effort to pressure our back 3, they usually succeed, but only the stronger teams attempt that often.

Giroud - limited but fits.  Morata - if he can't sort out the off-side rule, how is he ever going to click as our CF.  Hazard very committed today - but no defensive duties in this formation, so very much what he likes.  Swansea like to defend by getting men back, not by tackling, so that suited him too.

Fabregas was very good - in all aspects, not just the goal - maybe not better than Hazard but better than anyone else.  Bakayoko and Moses ought to be playing at a different level to the rest of the team - possibly Championship.

Emerson has lots going for him, and a great cross.  But he seems to me very very slow for a WB.  Anyone agree with me on that?

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Referee was absolutely appalling , Ayew forearm smashed the back of Cahills head , the ref was so slow taking charge it allowed Cahill to confront Ayew head to head and then the other Ayew got into an altercation with Rudiger and Jon Moss , who should have sent Ayew off didn't even book him ! Who would have been in trouble if the referees behaviour had caused a riot ?

Just a poor ref, who for the first 5 mins convinced me he was out to cheat us, and then in the next 15 mins convinced the crowd he was out to do them.  Very random, not helped by random off side decisions.

On the Ayew forearm - it looked to me as though the barge was in the back but followed by an accidental head collision  as Cahill swayed back - though I'd like to see it again - so still naughty, and given the purely evil intent deserving a Red, but perhaps not as nasty as Cahill presumed.
We ought to make a fuss, in which case the FA will have to intervene, get him suspended and Abraham gets to play a lot more for the last 3 games.  But we won't, we never do, and in this case probably shouldn't.  

Ham   
11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Another game we played apparently well within our limits but I'm seriously concerned we are unable to play much better.  It was kind of like a 541 diamond with Hazard front, Baka left, Fabregas right and Kante bottom, and the FBs not making too much effort to get forward (though Kante seems to have the shackles off ever since the Barca game where he was a constant threat).

And another game where we tried to shut up shop but looked much worse for it.  I have to admit to being a bit confused, we generally look very disappointing in games like this, but win them, while we have looked a much better team against Spurs, Barca and Man U, and lost.  I suspect the explanation is that when teams make a real effort to pressure our back 3, they usually succeed, but only the stronger teams attempt that often.

Giroud - limited but fits.  Morata - if he can't sort out the off-side rule, how is he ever going to click as our CF.  Hazard very committed today - but no defensive duties in this formation, so very much what he likes.  Swansea like to defend by getting men back, not by tackling, so that suited him too.

Fabregas was very good - in all aspects, not just the goal - maybe not better than Hazard but better than anyone else.  Bakayoko and Moses ought to be playing at a different level to the rest of the team - possibly Championship.

Emerson has lots going for him, and a great cross.  But he seems to me very very slow for a WB.  Anyone agree with me on that?

Just a poor ref, who for the first 5 mins convinced me he was out to cheat us, and then in the next 15 mins convinced the crowd he was out to do them.  Very random, not helped by random off side decisions.

On the Ayew forearm - it looked to me as though the barge was in the back but followed by an accidental head collision  as Cahill swayed back - though I'd like to see it again - so still naughty, and given the purely evil intent deserving a Red, but perhaps not as nasty as Cahill presumed.
We ought to make a fuss, in which case the FA will have to intervene, get him suspended and Abraham gets to play a lot more for the last 3 games.  But we won't, we never do, and in this case probably shouldn't.  

Seinfeld 2.gif

21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Watch it again , there was absolutely nothing accidental about it , he was frustrated , Cahill blocked him off as was his prerogative and he smashed into the back of his head at speed , I'd have been disappointed with a booking , it's was a premeditated violent act and he should have been sent off for violent play and Moss should be drummed out of football for cowardice , like his boss .