• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30, Sunday 6th May, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

So if we win this one 8-0, then win our two remaining matches, we qualify for the Champions League.

3-5-2 it is then. Kanté, Bakayoko and Drinkwater in midfield please.

• Haha 1

So this is quite a big game then. Let's hope Roma give Liverpool a tricky night and make them work really hard to get to the final, so that they're tired for our game and also have one eye on the final and maybe then we may get the result we need.

If, and it is a pretty big IF, Spurs drop points on Monday, this game becomes even bigger for us.

We have a whole week to prepare and need to take full advantage of that and get a solid game plan together that allows us to win and not just soak up Liverpool pressure. My worry is, Conte will show them way too much respect as he always seems to do against teams around us.

Alonso back for this one and Emerson's recent run of games will have given Conte something to think about, however I do expect Alonso to come straight back in and at least he'll be fresh after finally getting a break!

I'd go for:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Cahill Rudiger

Moses Kante Fabregas Alonso

Hazard Giroud Willian

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Emerson, Drinkwater, Barkley, Pedro, Morata

It's not going to be easy, but we can beat them and we HAVE to beat them. Come on Chels!

I've watched them a fair bit this season and they only really go full on heavy metal geggenpress  insane against good sides , so we should be fine .😜

They'll press our three centre halves , Fabregas and Bakayoko to death and unless we just play hoofball we've had it . I've no confidence in our distribution under pressure whatsoever.

Sciatika   

I'd be tempted by the 2 up front formation with five in the middle as a 3-4-1-2 ish. We will need an out ball and I think we should fill out the midfield and play a high energy pressing game (hopeful, I know). I would have Pedro pushing forward in possession and dropping in defence.

----------------------Courtois

-----Azpilicueta--Cahill--Rudiger

--Moses---Kante--Bakayoko--Emerson

---------------------Pedro

--------------Morata---Giroud

Then I would have Willian available to inject extra pace and Hazard for the smarts. I worry about the pace at the back, though.

Edited by Sciatika

paulw66   

Salah should be banned for this one, but he won't be.

They are starting to pick up injuries too, hopefully with a few more this midweek. 

If Roma win 3-0 I will enjoy Sunday, whatever happens! 

58 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Salah should be banned for this one, but he won't be.

They are starting to pick up injuries too, hopefully with a few more this midweek. 

If Roma win 3-0 I will enjoy Sunday, whatever happens! 

Absolutely no chance Salah gets banned, Sky  Sports not even acknowledging it as an incident.

23 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Absolutely no chance Salah gets banned, Sky  Sports not even acknowledging it as an incident.

Quite - to get banned you have to have the oppo manage complain about it on TV.

Feels a bit like a final before the final for us this one. I think if were honest 4th is long gone but it might be nice to take it to the last match if possible. Were due a win at home to Liverpool, think its 2 or 3 in a row they have won at the Bridge but logic suggests this is far more likely to be a draw as they will almost definately score score at least once. Their pressing will unhinge our midfield apart from Kante and Hazard will most probably try one run then melt into the background for the rest of the match. Can see a 2-2 for some reason.