• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

xCELERYx   
On 29/04/2018 at 9:37 PM, Sciatika said:

I'd be tempted by the 2 up front formation with five in the middle as a 3-4-1-2 ish. We will need an out ball and I think we should fill out the midfield and play a high energy pressing game (hopeful, I know). I would have Pedro pushing forward in possession and dropping in defence.

----------------------Courtois

-----Azpilicueta--Cahill--Rudiger

--Moses---Kante--Bakayoko--Emerson

---------------------Pedro

--------------Morata---Giroud

Then I would have Willian available to inject extra pace and Hazard for the smarts. I worry about the pace at the back, though.

Would probably do similar as well, play more direct and into the forwards early, which would also bypass the midfield more. Allow Pedro to sort of fill in a midfield role, but also be able to push on a bit and work off the front pairing. He'll also be able to add a bit more forward pressure given Giroud is a bit on the slower side and Morata isn't a worker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 0:37 PM, Sciatika said:

I'd be tempted by the 2 up front formation with five in the middle as a 3-4-1-2 ish. We will need an out ball and I think we should fill out the midfield and play a high energy pressing game (hopeful, I know). I would have Pedro pushing forward in possession and dropping in defence.

----------------------Courtois

-----Azpilicueta--Cahill--Rudiger

--Moses---Kante--Bakayoko--Emerson

---------------------Pedro

--------------Morata---Giroud

Then I would have Willian available to inject extra pace and Hazard for the smarts. I worry about the pace at the back, though.

They will make Bakayoko look like a statue with a bad case of arthritis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously , I want us to win this , ideally , we humiliate them with a thrashing , however , I honestly don't think one person connected with the football club this year deserves to dig their way out of the mess we've landed ourselves in by qualifying for the Champions League , the manager has been poor , the players have been in the most part dreadful and the board have been the worst of the lot , they've been pitiful . 

Take it on the chin and move on , if Conte goes then I do hope Roman moves some of the board along too , they have been brilliant in raising revenue I grant you but in spending it on players that the coach wants or requires or are able to help at the time we most need them , they've failed miserably .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Obviously , I want us to win this , ideally , we humiliate them with a thrashing , however , I honestly don't think one person connected with the football club this year deserves to dig their way out of the mess we've landed ourselves in by qualifying for the Champions League , the manager has been poor , the players have been in the most part dreadful and the board have been the worst of the lot , they've been pitiful . 

Take it on the chin and move on , if Conte goes then I do hope Roman moves some of the board along too , they have been brilliant in raising revenue I grant you but in spending it on players that the coach wants or requires or are able to help at the time we most need them , they've failed miserably .

The apt and deserving end to the season would be to lose out on goal difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
45 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Obviously , I want us to win this , ideally , we humiliate them with a thrashing , however , I honestly don't think one person connected with the football club this year deserves to dig their way out of the mess we've landed ourselves in by qualifying for the Champions League , the manager has been poor , the players have been in the most part dreadful and the board have been the worst of the lot , they've been pitiful . 

Take it on the chin and move on , if Conte goes then I do hope Roman moves some of the board along too , they have been brilliant in raising revenue I grant you but in spending it on players that the coach wants or requires or are able to help at the time we most need them , they've failed miserably .

I would argue that they haven't been great in raising revenue at all. City have at least double the number of sponsors and have raised fortunes by naming rights on the stadium and the training complex. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ham said:

I would argue that they haven't been great in raising revenue at all. City have at least double the number of sponsors and have raised fortunes by naming rights on the stadium and the training complex. 

 

by "totally unrelated" companies ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

by "totally unrelated" companies ;-)

Absolutely :).  So, why doesn't Roman (and his extended family/circle of associates) do the same? Surely the will, and the money, is there for the asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Absolutely :).  So, why doesn't Roman (and his extended family/circle of associates) do the same? Surely the will, and the money, is there for the asking?

??? 15 years on, a billion or so spend (anyone counted?) and probably a commitment to guarantee the stadium re-build.

When is poor RA allowed to stop chucking money at the club?

I'm not in favour of FFP - I think it is illegal anyway.  But I certainly think an owner has a right not to subsidise a club if he wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

??? 15 years on, a billion or so spend (anyone counted?) and probably a commitment to guarantee the stadium re-build.

When is poor RA allowed to stop chucking money at the club?

I'm not in favour of FFP - I think it is illegal anyway.  But I certainly think an owner has a right not to subsidise a club if he wants.

As usual, not sure what you're carrying on about. And nothing to do with what he has, or hasn't spent to-date. A simple question as to why he doesn't/can't do the same as Man City. He has the connections and companies, surely, so it must be that he simply doesn't want to. Or, maybe he's lost interest and can't be bothered - yes/no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
7 hours ago, Ham said:

I would argue that they haven't been great in raising revenue at all. City have at least double the number of sponsors and have raised fortunes by naming rights on the stadium and the training complex. 

 

Well, the City revenue is completely false in terms of "generating" revenue from true 3rd parties NOT connected to the owner.

The revenue increase year on year has been fantastic at Chelsea, which all started with Kenyon. Not the area we should be critical of IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.