• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Costa wanted the move , wanted it and got it . 

:)  :)...

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm going to go with his words not yours if that's alright with you :

Costa told El Larguero: "Atletico knows I have a special feeling for the team, I lived the best moment of my career there. El Cholo [Diego Simeone] knows it wasn't impossible for me to come back to Atletico.

"The relationship with Conte didn't start well because when he arrived I told him I wanted to go to Atletico. Chelsea's fans love me a lot, even more than in Atletico, figure that!

"When Atletico had to wait for me they didn't, there was still a month to go in the transfer market.

"I've done everything to come back to Atletico Madrid but I wouldn't fight the same to return. When Atletico didn't wait for me, I had to go to Conte with the tail between my legs."

So , he demanded a move to Atletico , and when they weren't as keen as he liked he had to try and make things right with Conte who told him to go (rightly so , the tail cannot wag the dog)

Even if its a particularly good tail.

Thank you for clarifying this (from March 2017)

So Costa did demand a move in 2016, and it didn't happen.  And Conte told him to play the season for us and picked him almost every game.

Perhaps now you will accept that stroppy strikers do not just march off because they want to.  They do it only if the club allows them too.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Just waiting for this to get dismissed as not true........ even if it is direct quotes. 

Certainly it is true.  I just can't work out why Mark thinks it is of use to him.

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

:)  :)...

Thank you for clarifying this (from March 2017)

So Costa did demand a move in 2016, and it didn't happen.  And Conte told him to play the season for us and picked him almost every game.

Perhaps now you will accept that stroppy strikers do not just march off because they want to.  They do it only if the club allows them too.

Certainly it is true.  I just can't work out why Mark thinks it is of use to him.

It's of no use at all to me when much of what you post is your own opinion, dressed up as facts, but when presented with actual facts you still pooh pooh it .

Conte says he doesn't buy the players , a direct quotation and the only one we have to go on and you decide he's lying and he is buying the players based on nothing other than your opinion and their nationality.

Ghost says Costa leaving was down to Conte , I contend Costa himself had confessed to demanding he leave for Atletico and prove it with direct quotations and you still won't have it . 

Nobody ever said the club didn't allow him to leave , that's exactly what they did after he demanded to leave for the third time , despite Conte getting a tune out of him for half as season previously ( You don't believe that either from memory ) 

You also said "star number 9 gets uppity , manager can't cope" when again that's exactly what did happen , the manager coped for a season and then justifiably got tired of Costa's shtick.

Without falling out , all I'm saying (repeatedly , every day , ) is that not everything is Conte's fault . Not everything and certainly and absolutely not Costa leaving the club , not one bit , and he still gets daily stick about it.

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

It's of no use at all to me when much of what you post is your own opinion, dressed up as facts, but when presented with actual facts you still pooh pooh it .

Mark - it is your facts supporting my argument.

I agreed with them.  You clearly haven't thought out what point of view you are arguing from.
You claim that Conte had no choice but to accept Costa's demand to leave.
Your evidence is that Costa demanded to leave a year before but didn't go.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Conte says he doesn't buy the players , a direct quotation and the only one we have to go on and you decide he's lying and he is buying the players based on nothing other than your opinion and their nationality.

Wait - are you saying he doesn't buy the players?  The fact that traditionally in football the manages have a great deal of influence and the 5 players out of Italy we bought doesn't bother you.
Go for it if you want - but I think it makes you look silly.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ghost says Costa leaving was down to Conte , I contend Costa himself had confessed to demanding he leave for Atletico and prove it with direct quotations and you still won't have it . 

You aren't quite arguing with Ghost head to head.  He says Conte could easily have stopped Costa going.  You argue that Costa wanted to go.  You are both right.  But you strongly hint Conte had no choice while conveniently showing what happened a year earlier.

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You also said "star number 9 gets uppity , manager can't cope" when again that's exactly what did happen , the manager coped for a season and then justifiably got tired of Costa's shtick.

You see this is the real crux of the argument the "justifiably".
Why justifiably in 2017?  Why not in 2015 or 2016 or in 4 or 5 of Drogba's seasons?  
The only thing that would have justified it would be if we could buy a CF just as good who would win us games like Costa did.  
The only person who took that decision was Conte.
Ghost (and I) say it was a bad decision.  By all means claim Conte got it right, but lets stop pretending itwasn't the managers decision.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mark - it is your facts supporting my argument.

I agreed with them.  You clearly haven't thought out what point of view you are arguing from.
You claim that Conte had no choice but to accept Costa's demand to leave.
Your evidence is that Costa demanded to leave a year before but didn't go.

Wait - are you saying he doesn't buy the players?  The fact that traditionally in football the manages have a great deal of influence and the 5 players out of Italy we bought doesn't bother you.
Go for it if you want - but I think it makes you look silly.

You aren't quite arguing with Ghost head to head.  He says Conte could easily have stopped Costa going.  You argue that Costa wanted to go.  You are both right.  But you strongly hint Conte had no choice while conveniently showing what happened a year earlier.

You see this is the real crux of the argument the "justifiably".
Why justifiably in 2017?  Why not in 2015 or 2016 or in 4 or 5 of Drogba's seasons?  
The only thing that would have justified it would be if we could buy a CF just as good who would win us games like Costa did.  
The only person who took that decision was Conte.
Ghost (and I) say it was a bad decision.  By all means claim Conte got it right, but lets stop pretending itwasn't the managers decision.

I'm not claiming it wasn't his decision , I'm claiming it wasn't his fault due to the way Costa behaved.

Maybe if we'd got Lukaku who Conte actually wanted we'd have had the physical presence to compete like Costa ?

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

I'm not claiming it wasn't his decision , I'm claiming it wasn't his fault due to the way Costa behaved.

About time - so stop pretending there any evidence about Costa or Conte (let alone criticising me for accepting it as true) and accept that you back Conte's decision to get rid of Costa while others think it was wrong.
One of those rare occasions where an argument really is about opinions, not facts.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Maybe if we'd got Lukaku who Conte actually wanted we'd have had the physical presence to compete like Costa ?

Based on????
Sounds to me like the Man U argument that Moyes was the chosen one - as in after the fact.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

About time - so stop pretending there any evidence about Costa or Conte (let alone criticising me for accepting it as true) and accept that you back Conte's decision to get rid of Costa while others think it was wrong.
One of those rare occasions where an argument really is about opinions, not facts.

Based on????
Sounds to me like the Man U argument that Moyes was the chosen one - as in after the fact.

How can you construe presenting direct  quotations from Costa as pretending there is any evidence ? And if I'm pretending it exists how can I criticise you accept it as true ?

It's gobbledygook.

As for the Lukaku suggestion , I didn't believe it myself at the time but , again , I'm sure I saw an interview with Lukaku where he admitted he was supposed to go to Chelsea but changed his mind .  

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

1 How can you construe presenting direct  quotations from Costa as pretending there is any evidence ?

2, And if I'm pretending it exists how can I criticise you accept it as true ?

1.  any evidence about the issue disputed - whether Costa somehow forced Conte into letting him go through extreme behaviour.
It is as we both accept evidence that the club was able to keep him the year previously.

2.  Quite.  

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

3.  It's gobbledygook.

4.  As for the Lukaku suggestion , I didn't believe it myself at the time but , again , I'm sure I saw an interview with Lukaku where he admitted he was supposed to go to Chelsea but changed his mind .  

3. Quite

4.  Supposed to go to Chelsea so Conte must have wanted him.  More of the MK evidence that back fires.  
I always thought people brought up Lukaku as proof that Conte's wishes were ignored by the club.  You have just used the club wanting Lukaku as evidence that Conte wanted Lukaku .

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1.  any evidence about the issue disputed - whether Costa somehow forced Conte into letting him go through extreme behaviour.
It is as we both accept evidence that the club was able to keep him the year previously.

2.  Quite.  

3. Quite

4.  Supposed to go to Chelsea so Conte must have wanted him.  More of the MK evidence that back fires.  
I always thought people brought up Lukaku as proof that Conte's wishes were ignored by the club.  You have just used the club wanting Lukaku as evidence that Conte wanted Lukaku .

Chubby Checker .

Let's twist again.

Let's not.