• Current Donation Goals

Confident but very nervous about tonight. Huddersfield are playing for their lives, but we really should be to strong for them. This is a game we have to get an early goal in and then absolutely go for the kill and more - don't give them any hope.

We kick off earlier than Spurs, which I think adds a bit more pressure on them as they will be well aware of what's happening our game and if we're winning/won with time running out at Wembley and they need a goal... pressure will be massive.

Spurs can't let this slip, can they?

I'd go strong tonight and go with:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Cahill Rudiger

Zappacosta Kante Fabregas Alonso

Willian Giroud Hazard

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

All we need is a little help from our friends a bit up the road upon Tyne, tonight and on Sunday  :)

I think the waiter is willing to lend us a hand thinking how friendly we all were when he coached us :) :)

soccer-barclays-premier-league-chelsea-v

Well, true but the board should contact the Geordies and say you want Kennedy?  Beat the Spuds and then we will talk, lose or draw there's the door!

can't see Spurs or the scousers slipping up.

jones   

While Giroud has been good lately, Morata has been decent too. With 3 games in 7 days, will Conte rotate Morata in for this one?

Same could be done with players like Willian, Emerson, Zappacosta and Christensen.

I would go:

Courtois

Azpi Cahill Rudiger

Moses Fabregas Kanté Alonso

Willy Morata Hazard

Giroud on the bench is not a bad option either. He is a much better sub than Morata! 

bert19   
3 minutes ago, jones said:

While Giroud has been good lately, Morata has been decent too. With 3 games in 7 days, will Conte rotate Morata in for this one?

If Morata was "injured" at the weekend, I wouldn't be convinced he's good to start this one.  But then again, I'm not convinced he was injured or that he should be starting for us at all.....

Giroud's in good form, I'd start our best players for this one.  We need to win.  

Whatever happens in the other games I can see Tottenham hammering Newcastle and them having their best performance of the season against us. 

The abuse a lot of us fans gave Benitez will not be forgotten by him. He will really want to beat us and probably not be at all bothered about losing to Tottenham.

Top four is gone.  So not going to worry about it, just want a good result to see see Conte off in style tonight.

Let's smash them, we got nothing to lose.

First post on here in a while but needed somewhere to vent after seeing the team news.

Counting down the days until Conte leaves, insane lineup in the circumstances. 

Antonio Conte makes six changes to the team which beat Liverpool on Sunday, one of which sees Alvaro Morata return from injury to lead the line.

Elsewhere, Willy Caballero starts in goal due to Thibaut Courtois suffering with a back injury, Andreas Christensen comes in for Gary Cahill and Davide Zappacosta replaces Victor Moses.

Further forward, both Willian and Pedro are brought in at the expense of Eden Hazard and Tiemoue Bakayoko, with the side expected to line up in a 3-4-3 formation.

Morata replaces Olivier Giroud, scorer of the winner on Sunday, as the focal point of the Chelsea attack.

Chelsea are expected to line up as follows:

Caballero; Azpilicueta (c), Christensen, Rudiger; Zappacosta, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Pedro.

Subs: Eduardo, Cahill, Moses, Bakayoko, Barkley, Hazard, Giroud.

Huddersfield:

Lossl, Smith, Kongolo, Hogg, Billing, Mooy, Lowe, Van La Parra, Depoitre, Zanka, Shindler.

Subs: Coleman, Malone, Pritchard, Ince, Quaner, Mounie, Hadergjonaj

Tonight's referee is Lee Mason.

Swapped the whole front 3 (if Baka can be said to play there) and the RB, CB and GK.

At least it looks like a team that wants to win - I'm happy with it.  Just a bit puzzled why if Conte has finally accepted the benefits of rotation, why he hasn't got to making substitutions before 80 mins yet.

That is a brave lineup from Conte. It should still be good enough to win the match, but he's opened himself up to some moaning and criticism if we don't get the result.

I was wrong about his lineup vs Liverpool, so I'm not going to moan too much, but it seems a very strange time in the season to be suddenly rotating so many.

GULP.

I think he's gone for the classic "win the last two games and possibly save the season it's only Huddersfield let me show you how the squad players fare up yours to the board " manoeuvre . 

• Like 1