• Current Donation Goals

BlueWill   
5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Martin 

You came out of the game last night complaining  about negative football.

Whats negative about being camped out in the opposition half all game? Apart from missing 22 of the 23 chances to score of course. 

And this is not the first time it's happened either.

Having 23 shots would very rarely equate to 23 chances created. And we most definitely did not create 23 chances. You watched it - yes?

55 minutes ago, BlueWill said:

Wouldnt have been quite so bad if we'd beaten Norwich away and not brought them back to the bridge for another 90 + ET (and pens).

Yeah. Lets spunk a load of money on has beens for another season of success 

Our acadamy is the best in the country and  probably Europe. They have the winning mentality and the players ate good enough to be squad players and probably 1st team given the right coach with time to build for the future. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
Specsavers and a bottle bottle f vino

JaneB   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Dealing with difficult team members is part of the job.  Ask any manager in any business.

Yes and sometimes that might mean getting rid of a disruptive member who never stops going on about how he wants to return to his former place of work. 

BlueWill   
5 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Yeah. Lets spunk a load of money on has beens for another season of success 

Our acadamy is the best in the country and  probably Europe. They have the winning mentality and are players good enough that play as squad players and probably 1st team given the right coach with time to build for the future. 

"Two legged semi’s in January a killer." is what I was replying to. Not just 2 semis, but 2 games when we should win the first and avoid the second.

I'm sick and tired of Pedro contributing nothing whilst decent young prospects are wasted, he's a poor squad player so why not invest in the future?  I've long advocated rotating young players against weaker sides so they gain experience and can do a job when needed. Kenedy & Batman were both picked for the Norwich away game, with Ampadu added for the home. There was more than enough quality to win either game, yet we couldn't and so wasted energies when the fixtures were piling up.

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Yes and sometimes that might mean getting rid of a disruptive member who never stops going on about how he wants to return to his former place of work. 

Sometimes.  Not the previous two summers though.  And lets be clear, Costa has not "never stopped going on about wanting to return".  The press may never have stopped, but quotes from Costa are few and far between over 3 years.  In fact if it wasn't for the Conte apologists on here, most of us wouldn't even know.  We'd take quotes like "I would only ever leave to go back to AM"  or "last year I wanted to leave" as evidence he was happy to remain.  

18 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Our acadamy is the best in the country and  probably Europe. They have the winning mentality and the players ate good enough to be squad players and probably 1st team given the right coach with time to build for the future. 

Unfortunately this is quite untrue.  The team may be the best, but the function of the academy is to provide top class players - not junior teams.  That means is it rated on the best 1 or 2 people it produces each year, not whether it can turn out 15 -18 players all above a basic minimum.  Christensen is the only player to date that close to being a first team regular.  

Chelsea charged by FA for not controlling players/club officials during last night's game

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/5/10/17340380/the-fa-charge-chelsea-for-telling-lee-mason-just-how-good-he-is-at-his-job

JaneB   
42 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Chelsea charged by FA for not controlling players/club officials during last night's game

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/5/10/17340380/the-fa-charge-chelsea-for-telling-lee-mason-just-how-good-he-is-at-his-job

and there was a so called lap of 'appreciation' and the last to leave the pitch, Conte and David Luiz 😢

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

and there was a so called lap of 'appreciation' and the last to leave the pitch, Conte and David Luiz 😢

Yes ironic.

One has been going since September, the other gone already back in October.  Did Luiz need a zimmerframe to get all the way around?

JaneB   
20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes ironic.

One has been going since September, the other gone already back in October.  Did Luiz need a zimmerframe to get all the way around?

I adore DL, it should never have ended like this.