• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Huddersfield Town at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Wednesday 9th May, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Conte suggests changes but I doubt there will be many - Courtois, the back 3, Kanté, Fabregas, Hazard have to play. There's a small chance of wing back rotation and hopefully Willian back in place of Baka. Can you rest Giroud after all the crucial goals recently? Morata back fit but hopefully on the bench.

Let's keep the pressure on both Spurs and Liverpool, by seeing off Huddersfield in some style. Liverpool could be the most vulnerable here, but you can never write off a "Spurs Implosion' - it's not like they haven't done it before.

Holymoly   

So it comes down to this. A must win and then hope Brighton (no chance, already on the beach), Newcastle or Leicester do us a favour and even then we will probably lose out on goal difference. Rather than depending on the opposition our best hope is Spuds imploding obviously but the chickens are coming home to roost after all the stupid, inane, heartless performances we endured this year. I almost lost my love of the game following the club this year. No direction, no soul.

Ah well, there's always next year, although I always feel a world cup year means a reduced opportunity to make meaningful changes to a squad.

Sigh...

paulw66   
On 5/8/2018 at 8:47 AM, Holymoly said:

So it comes down to this. A must win and then hope Brighton (no chance, already on the beach), Newcastle or Leicester do us a favour and even then we will probably lose out on goal difference. Rather than depending on the opposition our best hope is Spuds imploding obviously but the chickens are coming home to roost after all the stupid, inane, heartless performances we endured this year. I almost lost my love of the game following the club this year. No direction, no soul.

Ah well, there's always next year, although I always feel a world cup year means a reduced opportunity to make meaningful changes to a squad.

Sigh...

In what way are Brighton already on the beach? They just beat Man Utd 1-0

If we want to make up 15 goals, suggest we go all out attack and break a PL record. 

18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

In what way are Brighton already on the beach? They just beat Man Utd 1-0

If we want to make up 15 goals, suggest we go all out attack and break a PL record. 

I think he means statistically they're safe so motivation to go the extra mile may have dropped.

Two eight nil victories would certainly do me nicely !

asvaberg   

All we need is a little help from our friends a bit up the road upon Tyne, tonight and on Sunday  :)

I think the waiter is willing to lend us a hand thinking how friendly we all were when he coached us :) :)

soccer-barclays-premier-league-chelsea-v