• Current Donation Goals

Courtois

Azpilicueta Christensen Cahill

Moses Barkley Kante Bakayoko Emerson

Hazard Giroud

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Alonso, Fabregas, Willian, Pedro, Morata

Hard on Rudiger, but presume that is a rest ahead of the FA Cup final, but other than that I think it's pretty decent. Bakayoko deserves another go after his performance vs Liverpool and I'm pleased to see Barkley get a chance to show what he can do from the start. Pedro is lucky to make the bench, Willian didn't earn a start last time out, neither did Morata and I'd say the same for Fabregas.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

Looks like a lot of rotation there.
Baka was only par for his last game, hasn't played well since very early this season when he was in the Kante role.  We'll be shouting out for him to come off I suspect.

In theory you rotate everyone before a cup final because you know that everyone given a chance will try to play their way into the team for the final.  I doubt that works anymore for Conte - no one believes that he picks on form.  

Nice to see Cahill in to steady things and equally as nice to see that Conte has realised you can't have two slow players on the one flank and brought in Emerson.

I think he's holding Luiz back for the cup final. Emerson will be chuffed that at last he's been picked as first choice WB for the last game of the season. Bakayoko will have realised by now that if he plays terrible he gets a run in the team and if he plays well he gets dropped immediately... Moses too will have learnt that lesson. Giroud has probably learnt his lesson to have no physical contact with Luiz before during or after a game. Barkley must be now dreaming of his cup final losers medal (well they all count!).

Nice to get it all sorted for game 38.

Can't muster a flicker of interest in this one. All rather depressing.

• Like 1

GURJ SS   

Good team selection, it's up to those around a few of the regulars to show their worth.

Plays Barkley but puts him on the right wing, which isn’t his natural position meaning we won’t see the best of him.

Antonio Conte. 

Just now, James Prescott said:

Plays Barkley but puts him on the right wing, which isn’t his natural position meaning we won’t see the best of him.

Antonio Conte. 

And to think that you spent much of last summer endlessly berating the incompetence of our board and bewailing the fact that it could result in Conte "walking", alas.

GURJ SS   
3 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Antonio Conte. 

He's in a right sided attacking/central mid position as part of a midfield 3, with the freedom to get forward, you seriously aren't expecting us to give him the Everton treatment; a number 10 position with 2 ball winners behind him to mop up his endless mistakes.