• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Conte, stay or go?

Peo to take over Spain and Conte to City anyone?  (yes Pep to Spain is a joke).

25 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I guess the statment applies to whoever we appoint (if we do) given that they weren't deemed a better fit than the three novice managers appointed by big clubs. What does it say about them? Unlikely anyone would turn any of those jobs down for us.

We do go out of our way to get big managers at the right time.  2004, 2010, 2013 and 2016 were all moments when we had teams ready to win stuff but just needed the right manager.
At other times lesser names would do.  Right now is one of those other times.

JaneB   
15 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

His input may be voluminous but that alone doesn't mean it's phenomenal. For me there's some good stuff occasionally, but an awful lot of duplicitous flim-flam to pad it out.

Ok, I did mean the volume of his posting is phenomenal.

Must you pick everything I say to bits these days? 

33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We do go out of our way to get big managers at the right time.  2004, 2010, 2013 and 2016 were all moments when we had teams ready to win stuff but just needed the right manager.
At other times lesser names would do.  Right now is one of those other times.

Excluding interims and RDM (who kind of had to be appointed and was pretty interim anyway) We have always gone out of our way to get big managers. Jose, Ancelotti, Scolari, Conte. Only AVB could be described as a lesser name and he had just won a treble. We don'  do lesser names. Which is why I have my doubts if Conte will 100% be off, Blanc and Sarri don't fit the profile we usually go for someone like Zidane does. 

40 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Excluding interims and RDM (who kind of had to be appointed and was pretty interim anyway) We have always gone out of our way to get big managers. Jose, Ancelotti, Scolari, Conte. Only AVB could be described as a lesser name and he had just won a treble. We don'  do lesser names. Which is why I have my doubts if Conte will 100% be off, Blanc and Sarri don't fit the profile we usually go for someone like Zidane does. 

So if Conte is not good enough for PSG or RM, perhaps that means he is not good enough for us!
Zidane might be fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Ok, I did mean the volume of his posting is phenomenal.

Must you pick everything I say to bits these days? 

No I don't have to, but it is useful I think to clarify the intended meaning of "phenomenal". What I gave was my interpretation of it with respect to Droy's activity on the forum. It doesn't mean that other people. like maybe yourself, might use the word differently because they have an alternative opinion. That would be fair enough for me. I was just giving my spin on it.

The post that Ham has just quoted Droy within is very illustrative of how he has been at his duplicitous best with respect to the Conte to RM saga, but hey, who cares? It's not important really, not for me anyway

Edited by PeteRobbo

3 hours ago, Ham said:

This one was my personal favourite and the one which piqued my interest.

As per usual you have quoted it twice and still not said if you disagree with any of it.

Ham   
27 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

As per usual you have quoted it twice and still not said if you disagree with any of it.

I assumed it was very clear.

Yes I disagree that Conte to RM was done months ago and I disagree that it was as clear as people walking in and out of rooms. 

I wouldn't have bothered quoting you twice but initially you denied having said it and secondly you were, as usual, unnecessarily patronising in making your point as per the bolded bit ☝️

xCELERYx   
5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

And Kovac.

Three jobs that Conte would have walked into last summer. He only has himself to blame.

If there's a way to blame Conte, you'll find it. Even if it's turning down job/s he has no interest in, while continuously stating his intention to honour the contract he has here. Unbelievable really, I can't help but commend the effort. Kudos. 

I'm sure he'll have absolutely no problems getting another job when the time comes and he desires it. 

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Not to mention that the club has made zero noise about wanting to replace Conte to begin with. Everything Sarri related has essentially come from him chasing us, which ultimately also cost him his position at Napoli. While we're also rather ruthless when it comes to sacking managers we don't want. Everything that's happening now goes completely against the grain of how we handle this situations. 

At this moment in time Conte is an employee of Chelsea Football Club     I fully expect him to return to cobham in the next 14 days and start preparations for the Pre-season. Unless the board have other ideas. 

If he is as talented a coach and serial winner as he tells the press then he should have no problem in building a top 4 team utilising the vast resources at the club without huge investment by the club 

If he does that then his stock will rise for the following season when he will be a free agent.