• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Conte, stay or go?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

If there's a way to blame Conte, you'll find it. Even if it's turning down job/s he has no interest in, while continuously stating his intention to honour the contract he has here. Unbelievable really, I can't help but commend the effort. Kudos. 

You think he would have had no interest in PSG, Bayern Munich or Madrid? What about Napoli, Arsenal or Italy?

I wouldn't believe everything he says. I wouldn't believe everything any manager says. I'm not sure what you would expect him to say when he is asked questions about his future.

 

 

4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I'm sure he'll have absolutely no problems getting another job when the time comes and he desires it. 

I agree. It just won't be at a very big club any time soon. They don't want him. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
27 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

1. You think he would have had no interest in PSG, Bayern Munich or Madrid? What about Napoli, Arsenal or Italy?

I wouldn't believe everything he says. I wouldn't believe everything any manager says. I'm not sure what you would expect him to say when he is asked questions about his future

2. I agree. It just won't be at a very big club any time soon. They don't want him. 

 

 

1. No, why would he when he's continuously said he intends to honour his current contract here? Would go completely against how he handles himself and his style. He also reportedly gave his reason as to why Madrid didn't suit him. From the jobs that were available this summer, the only one I could really see entice him would've be a return to the national team - given how he's previously spoken about his sadness in leaving to join us. While it would have been the easiest move for his family to make - given how much he's worked to finally get them over here at the beginning of this just completed season. I feel this is a massively under appreciated aspect I might add. 

2. Agree to disagree. If he's available, I'm sure they'll be interest for a proven winner by a top club or two if positions are free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

1. No, why would he when he's continuously said he intends to honour his current contract here? Would go completely against how he handles himself and his style.

Like walking out on Juventus when he didn't get his own way? He's shown how he handles himself and his style. Doesn't get his own way and throws his toys out of the pram.

You really think he wants to stay here after everything you claim about how badly we are run and the lack of backing the club have given him? 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

2. Agree to disagree. If he's available, I'm sure they'll be interest for a proven winner by a top club or two if positions are free.

He's available, none of the club's or his national team wanted him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

And you know this how? 

5 clubs and his own national team chose not to hire him. Doesn't get more obvious than that.

Let me guess, he didn't want any of those jobs and would rather stay here and get apparently shafted by our board again than go to 3 of the biggest clubs in Europe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/real-madrid-lopetegui-pochettino-conte-14776480

 

Balague is well connected and respected and insists that RM didn't want Conte because he just wasn't right for them. 

Compare with why they didn't get Klopp (too into Liverpool) and Pitch (can't negotiate with Levy).

At least they have honourable reasons for being snubbed".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

5 clubs and his own national team chose not to hire him. Doesn't get more obvious than that.

Let me guess, he didn't want any of those jobs and would rather stay here and get apparently shafted by our board again than go to 3 of the biggest clubs in Europe?

Maybe the 5 clubs and national team phoned Chelsea and Conte's agent and were told he's honouring his contract , you know , like he's been saying since day one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

He's available, none of the club's or his national team wanted him. 

 

Again, this should be used as a stick to beat all candidates equally.

We have Sarri  - none of the clubs wanted him or his national team. Not even his own club, where I'm told he has been a roaring success, wanted him.

And Blanc - nobody in world football has wanted him for two years despite almost every big club changing managers

Doesn't exactly bode well for us does it.

Maybe we will wait to see how some managers get on at the WC. Gareth Southgate anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Maybe the 5 clubs and national team phoned Chelsea and Conte's agent and were told he's honouring his contract , you know , like he's been saying since day one ?

What else would you expect any manager to say when they are asked constantly asked questions about his future?

Conte saying he is going to honour his contract is meaningless.  He's walked out on a club once before so has proved he doesn't care about his contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

What else would you expect any manager to say when they are asked constantly asked questions about his future?

Conte saying he is going to honour his contract is meaningless.  He's walked out on a club once before so has proved he doesn't care about his contract. 

When he walked out of Juventus , did he actually say he was going to honour his contract ?

Because that is exactly what he said after the F A Cup final ,  "I have decided to honour my contract" .

We as a club don't generally faff about when we have a manager to sack , normally it's done ruthlessly and quickly , not this time though , maybe that means that despite a disappointing season they're keeping him for one more go. 

Also ,  there is a possibility that the club actually want to sell Hazard , Willian and Courtois because we need the money and Conte would be the ideal fall guy to take the blame for it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now