• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Conte, stay or go?

4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Madrid was the last job he may have got. There is a fair chance the club have been waiting to see of anyone would take him before sacking him. 

Obviously any new manager was never going to be announced until Cont has gone.

I'd be very surprised if he's not sacked in the  near future.  If he's still here next week then it really is time to start worrying.

Why? It makes absolutely no difference financially. Had the club sacked him after the FA Cup Final, he'd be getting paid his monthly salary as per usual until such time as he got a new job. If that job had been RM yesterday, he'd have got the same amount from us as he has at the moment. The £9m figure bandied about by the press is the total worth of the remaining 12 months of his contract, NOT the amount we would necessarily have to pay out if he were sacked.

JaneB   
31 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Ah, another troll!

Taking a contrary view isn't trying to score imaginary internet points. Does your teacher know you're viewing message boards during lesson time?

With respect Bob that is so rude and uncalled for.

Does that now make me a *troll*? 

44 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Why? It makes absolutely no difference financially. Had the club sacked him after the FA Cup Final, he'd be getting paid his monthly salary as per usual until such time as he got a new job. If that job had been RM yesterday, he'd have got the same amount from us as he has at the moment. The £9m figure bandied about by the press is the total worth of the remaining 12 months of his contract, NOT the amount we would necessarily have to pay out if he were sacked.

Because we wouldn't have sacked him.

33 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Because we wouldn't have sacked him.

You think there's a buy-out clause in Conte's contract?

Ham   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Your point was never clear.  Every statement I make is attacked as coming from me.  You never take up the opposing position.  Had you done that you could be bragging right now instead of making more points about me.

I haven't the patience after a tough day at work to deal with someone as childish and self centred as you.  Be the victim.

You're going on ignore. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Your point was never clear.  Every statement I make is attacked as coming from me.  You never take up the opposing position.  Had you done that you could be bragging right now instead of making more points about me.

I haven't the patience after a tough day at work to deal with someone as childish and self centred as you.  Be the victim.

You're going on ignore. 

QED.  All you have to do is disagree with a statement rather than waste time on the poster.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

You think there's a buy-out clause in Conte's contract?

No.

Why would we pay him anything if he went to another club whilst under contract to us?

jones   

Still remain convinced it will be Sarri, and Conte will get the axe. But fascinating/annoying that things are taking so long.

4 hours ago, JaneB said:

With respect Bob that is so rude and uncalled for.

Does that now make me a *troll*? 

Bob chasing DWMH around the forum is very tiresome, and some of the insults have, IMO, crossed the line from the sort of antipathy that builds up between people with different POVs on forums to plain nastiness. 

Lots of different views on here, lots of different styles and ways of speaking, so it's natural not everyone will like everyone. Pretty much everyone else seems able to play the ball and not the man, though. 

JaneB   
15 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Bob chasing DWMH around the forum is very tiresome, and some of the insults have, IMO, crossed the line from the sort of antipathy that builds up between people with different POVs on forums to plain nastiness. 

Lots of different views on here, lots of different styles and ways of speaking, so it's natural not everyone will like everyone. Pretty much everyone else seems able to play the ball and not the man, though. 

Agreed, although those two can definitely take care of themselves. 

I was particularly upset at Bob being so insulting towards *The Ghost* who hasn't been on here long. 

I was upset with something he (TG) posted a week or two back but he sincerely apologised and it's all forgotten so respect to him.

A few posters can't just express an opinion on here, they have to be unnecessarily patronising and rude too.