• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

There's been much debate about him but I'd like to know what the general feeling on here is about him staying or going. Just a simple stay or go will do.

Ham   

If he goes there will be trouble but if he stays it will be double.

Based on that, go. 

Got to go. Stupid to leave out your best player in a must-win game. 

Some of his 'tactics' and team selection have been bordering on sabotage. 

Deeply unimpressed by him this season. 

Should've been got rid of much much sooner before he could wreak his damage on a club he was clearly at odds with.

Sir   

Gone. Sorry, Antonio. A real shame really, but this season pretty much speaks for itself. Squad hasn’t exactly helped, mind.

Only guy I would like to replace him would be Simeone, but by all accounts even by our standards it’s not looking too possible to get him. Aside from him? No idea.

Gone since last September I reckon, or perhaps last summer when the pay deal was done to keep him for officially two more years but IMO really one.

On balance, go. Although my heart isn't in it. I think things will only get worse without him.

There is seemingly no common ground between him and the board.

I've stuck up for him but for whatever reason it just isn't working.

The annoying thing is , he warned everyone we'd get a season like this and they chose to ignore it.

The new manager should be brought in along with a new "football board" ,  One money man , one representative of youth , a chief scout , the manager and a director of football , something like that.

Act like a proper club and not a bunch of lawyers and accountants running a business.

• Like 1

Sciatika   

Stay. We need more stability if we want our players to play for more than a season at a time and if we want to bring more of our young people into the first team. Every time a manager leaves it acts as a reset for the players and so the performances of one season do not affect the choices of the next. It makes it too easy for players to simply turn up and not perform because, in the end, they cannot be dropped from the squad for the current season and performing means nothing when you are holding a multi-year contract and have an agent who financially benefits from moving you on. Players become transfer assets and nothing else. Moreover, if we constantly tell managers that anything but success in the league means they will be sacked then why would they pick youngsters who tend to be unreliable, more prone to the high press and not so good at making the right decisions. But these are things you learn from playing in the premier league. Many people here would have pulled the likes of Christensen and Bakayoko and in the next sentence moan that none of our young players are given a chance. Anyway, I don't think we will find a better coach.

• Like 1

Stay... for pretty much the same reasons as Sciatika has mentioned; especially the last point.

Sea foot   

I really find myself sitting on the fence on this subject. I've been in the Conte camp since the beginning but find myself questioning his decisions more and more.

I can see the reasons for getting rid of him and also see why keeping him would be benificial. 

So I reckon that I'll agree whichever way the sword falls.

I've swung back and forth on this for the last 4/5 months, but I think I'm coming to the conclusion that 'Go' is the answer.

I want stability and I want us to give a manager time to develop the team and bring the youth through, I just don't feel like Conte is the man to do it and I don't think we should just settle with him just to try and get stability.

He seems to have poor man management skills, tactically not as strong as other top managers - he waits way too long to react to what's happening on the pitch that it's often too late to make an impact.

He did great things in his first season and possibly he could do that again, but this season has been really painful viewing, not just performances but the clear disconnect between him and the board.

For me it's, thank you Antonio, but I feel like he and our club are not suited.

The bigger question for me is if he does go, who on earth do we bring in?!