• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

I think and I'm only guessing here that one of the reasons Conte didn't extend his contract but took the money was because he knew, as did pretty much everybody's, that PSG, Bayern and Madrid would all be looking for new managers this season. I'd imagine he and his agent were fairly sure they would have their pick of all three clubs.

It says a lot about him that not one of them has taken him. Who would taken put Tuchel, Kovac and Lopetegui above him 12 months ago? Certainly not three of the biggest clubs in Europe, that's for sure.

I 100% agree with Droy that he had another club lined up this summer, or at least he thought he did and the fact that he is now stuck here says a lot. Nobody wants him.

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

I think and I'm only guessing here that one of the reasons Conte didn't extend his contract but took the money was because he knew, as did pretty much everybody's, that PSG, Bayern and Madrid would all be looking for new managers this season. I'd imagine he and his agent were fairly sure they would have their pick of all three clubs.

It says a lot about him that not one of them has taken him. Who would taken put Tuchel, Kovac and Lopetegui above him 12 months ago? Certainly not three of the biggest clubs in Europe, that's for sure.

I 100% agree with Droy that he had another club lined up this summer, or at least he thought he did and the fact that he is now stuck here says a lot. Nobody wants him.

Maybe it's true that nobody wants him. It's equally true that no deal was done. I really can't understand why some of you wish to inhabit this alternative reality that Droy has constructed for you, and why, like cult members following some deranged prophet, you attempt to re-write history to fit your skewed narrative.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Maybe it's true that nobody wants him. It's equally true that no deal was done. I really can't understand why some of you wish to inhabit this alternative reality that Droy has constructed for you, and why, like cult members following some deranged prophet, you attempt to re-write history to fit your skewed narrative.

I haven't said a deal was done. I've said, for a while now, that he almost certainly had another club lined up. The fact that it didn't end up happening doesn't mean he didn't expect it to happen. 

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

As I said, cue historical negationism from Droy . If he did say it, it was in jest... what fools we were to think otherwise!

If only you had said out right I was wrong - think how proud you could be now.

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If only you had said out right I was wrong - think how proud you could be now.

If only you could admit to being wrong... imagine how much better you could feel about yourself instead of twisting and turning like a snake in order to negate and revise what you said. Go on, be a man and admit you've been talking bollocks for quite some time.

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Nearly 24,000 posts... and not one worth reading.

I disagree.

Droy was voted most entertaining CFCnet member with Mark Kelly and came second with Michael Tucker as most informative CFCnet member so someone must be reading his posts.

I'm not getting involved in any spats but, whatever you think of what he says, his input is phenomenal and I wish my skin was one thousandth as thick as his.

Ham   
On 31/05/2018 at 11:42 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Conte is gone.  Sarri has gone.  Zidane has gone.  Why bother to discuss that.  All these things were done months ago, and if there are any deals to be announced they were done months ago too.

RM have sacked Zidane but don't want to present it like that - so they can't appoint a replacement until a decent interval of at least a week.  Chelsea have either sacked Conte, or more likely agreed to let him go.  But we can release him until he has gone to RM, so we have to wait an extra week till that happens.  After that we have to be seen to pause and consider before we choose Sarri.

Too many people playing FD 2018 who don't understand the basics of people walking in and out of rooms.

This one was my personal favourite and the one which piqued my interest.

49 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I guess the statment applies to whoever we appoint (if we do) given that they weren't deemed a better fit than the three novice managers appointed by big clubs. What does it say about them? Unlikely anyone would turn any of those jobs down for us.

It is quite possible that as part of Contes new contract we negotiated a massive/increased buyout, likely in fact. And possibly the board have seen the error of their ways and want to keep him so have rejected any approaches, less likely.

42 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I disagree.

Droy was voted most entertaining CFCnet member with Mark Kelly and came second with Michael Tucker as most informative CFCnet member so someone must be reading his posts.

I'm not getting involved in any spats but, whatever you think of what he says, his input is phenomenal and I wish my skin was one thousandth as thick as his.

His input may be voluminous but that alone doesn't mean it's phenomenal. For me there's some good stuff occasionally, but an awful lot of duplicitous flim-flam to pad it out.