• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

If I were one of the chairmen for those clubs I'd avoid Conte like the plague. He walked out of Juve because he didn't get his way. He's been throwing his toys out all season and on top of that made some puzzling squad decisions not to mention ever stranger match selections. Add his extremely negative style and you are left with a pretty unattractive proposition for a top European club. 

TBF Conte didn't walk out on Juve because he didn't get his way per say. While he was displeased the club didn't sign one of his main targets (Cuadrado), what essentially pushed him beyond repair was the board going above him and entertaining offers and interest on key players - Vidal and Pogba being the main two. With the club agreeing in principle to sell Vidal to Man Utd at the time. A player Conte highly rated for obvious reasons. Soon after that was it, Conte mutually terminated his contract and then ended up taking over the NT shortly after. 

8 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

I feel bad because I really enjoyed his first season - and not just because we won the title; we played some good stuff too.

Yes, me too , everyone seems to have forgotten that though. 

• Like 1

BlueFizz   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not me. It was a great season in many respects. That winning run was staggering!

I don't mind us not retaining the title. I don't really mind us finished outside the top four. I do mind the way we ended up approaching games - a team retreating deeper and deeper into its coach's doubts and frustrations,  it seemed to me.

Conte had decided in advance that this squad wasn't up to it and set us up on this basis, only to be punished. I actually think (even with Matic and Costa going) that we had the potential to do better, to be more expansive,  than he allowed us to be.

4 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Not me. It was a great season in many respects. That winning run was staggering!

I don't mind us not retaining the title. I don't really mind us finished outside the top four. I do mind the way we ended up approaching games - a team retreating deeper and deeper into its coach's doubts and frustrations,  it seemed to me.

Conte had decided in advance that this squad wasn't up to it and set us up on this basis, only to be punished. I actually think (even with Matic and Costa going) that we had the potential to do better, to be more expansive,  than he allowed us to be.

Again I agree , he didn't trust the players enough and that's entirely on him I'm afraid . You can argue that you can't play three AM's every week when you only have three and ones the star man who plays regardless but there were occasions imho were his cautionary approach cost us .

BlueFizz   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Again I agree , he didn't trust the players enough and that's entirely on him I'm afraid . You can argue that you can't play three AM's every week when you only have three and ones the star man who plays regardless but there were occasions imho were his cautionary approach cost us .

In a way, he summarised his own limitations perfectly at the very end of the season - the second part of the 'serial winner' speech - 'I can't change' (or something very similar)

This became increasingly clear: having changed to 3 at the back  he couldn't change again, having picked his starting 11 he couldn't change the lineup until around the 75th minute, having decided on caution he couldn't change when we needed to be more expansive

Every coach has their fatal flaw - his is surely his inflexibility, even more than his caution

16 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

In a way, he summarised his own limitations perfectly at the very end of the season - the second part of the 'serial winner' speech - 'I can't change' (or something very similar)

This became increasingly clear: having changed to 3 at the back  he couldn't change again, having picked his starting 11 he couldn't change the lineup until around the 75th minute, having decided on caution he couldn't change when we needed to be more expansive

Every coach has their fatal flaw - his is surely his inflexibility, even more than his caution

Yep.

Well lets hope , should he stay , that everyone can work towards the aim , including him , and try and get the side playing decent stuff again that doesn't alienate our flair players , although by the same token the players need to look at the bigger picture and knuckle down too. 

One or too decent signings particularly in midfield and I think he'll cut the forwards some more slack .

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

1) Well done.  What took you so long to make your point?

2) Or is it simply you only care about making others look bad while avoiding saying anything of substance yourself?

People defend you on here and they're right to say that you do contribute well but this is the the issue with you ☝️

Blatant BS again as misdirection because your arrogant and patronising prediction didn't pan out. It's not necessarily what you say but how you say it. I pulled you up on your prediction because you suggested that anyone that couldn't see what was apparently happening was lacking in some way. 

1) My point, as always, is clear.  You make a statement that I completely disagree with.  That's my point. I think you're wrong. That's my point.  I didn't think he had an agreement with RM. 

2) I make substantial points every day on all manner of subjects here so don't try that one again.  

1 hour ago, Ham said:

1) My point, as always, is clear.  You make a statement that I completely disagree with.  That's my point. I think you're wrong. That's my point.  I didn't think he had an agreement with RM. 

Your point was never clear.  Every statement I make is attacked as coming from me.  You never take up the opposing position.  Had you done that you could be bragging right now instead of making more points about me.

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I haven't my liege.

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Yet you seem to be quite content in reading them and posting replies to his posts. Maybe do us all a favour a block him? As it stands, at least Droy adds value to the discussion whereas you seem more content in scoring imaginery internet points.

Ah, another troll!

Taking a contrary view isn't trying to score imaginary internet points. Does your teacher know you're viewing message boards during lesson time?