• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

17 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Ah, another troll!

Taking a contrary view isn't trying to score imaginary internet points. Does your teacher know you're viewing message boards during lesson time?

Hi Bob. For the sake of peace and prosperity I will pretend you never wrote that. 

For the record, I'm almost 40 years old. 

Thank you for your concern though. 

11 hours ago, JaneB said:

Agreed, although those two can definitely take care of themselves. 

I was particularly upset at Bob being so insulting towards *The Ghost* who hasn't been on here long. 

I was upset with something he (TG) posted a week or two back but he sincerely apologised and it's all forgotten so respect to him.

A few posters can't just express an opinion on here, they have to be unnecessarily patronising and rude too.

Hi Jane. Thank you - although I will argue I can take care of myself as well:) I haven't been here long but I must say I'm quite shocked anyone would write such a reply to a poster they barely know or have read much from. I'm equally surprised no admin seem to do anything about it? Is it ok to routinely jump on other posters with personal insults?

Also, thank you for moving on from my rather clumsy post a few weeks back:) 

Given how other posters have reacted to Bob in my short time here it doesn't seem this is an isolated incident or even remotely unusual. 

Maybe Bob is just a very angry man? Maybe I should just try to ignore him? I'm not here to have a fight or trying to look smart (on the expense of others), I'm here to talk Chelsea. 

3 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Hi Bob. For the sake of peace and prosperity I will pretend you never wrote that. 

Hi Jane. Thank you - although I will argue I can take care of myself as well:) I haven't been here long but I must say I'm quite shocked anyone would write such a reply to a poster they barely know or have read much from. I'm equally surprised no admin seem to do anything about it? Is it ok to routinely jump on other posters with personal insults?

Given how other posters have reacted to Bob in my short time here it doesn't seem this is an isolated incident or even remotely unusual. 

Maybe Bob is just a very angry man? Maybe I should just try to ignore him? I'm not here to have a fight or trying to look smart (on the expense of others), I'm here to talk Chelsea. 

Welcome Ghost, its fine on here as long as you generally know where people are supposed to stand and when they need to come into and out of rooms in the correct way.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Given the fact we're continuing to make a loss , it wouldn't surprise me if the players you mentioned are sold at profit and part of the money is used to add a few players on the cheap and the rest used to balance the books and appease FFP whilst making Conte look like the man who drove Hazard out . A win win for the board.

Given how successful we have been in recent years, trophy wise, it is somewhat worrying that we're not as buoyant financially as we ought to be. We don't need to worry too much about FFP as the club have worked hard at getting us within the accepted guidelines on a regular basis, but the 'one in, one out' approach to many of our transfers is starting to hamper us.
You're not the first to suggest that Conte may be being used as the fall-guy for the club maximising revenue from player sales.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Indeed. It is probably the worst time to potentially change manager with the world cup and the transfer window closing early.

Fortunately I don't think we need that much, if we keep what we've got. 2 or 3 players for the first team and I think we will be ok. Martial wants to leave, Seri has a buy out clause so that's two deals that would  be relatively straightforward, should we chose to go for them. They would also be the type of signings that could potentially persuade Hazard to stay.

Well the manager change has almost certainly happened.  And we certainly have plenty of players now with Giroud, Emerson from January, Drinkwater and Barkley potentially fit, and potential loan returns of MVG, Abraham, RLC, Zouma and Bats.  7 of the 9 weren't available for that 25 games in 12 weeks spell.  You can add Luiz as a new player too.

Still 3 AMs short and far too many defenders.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

The flip side to that is we keep Conte, Hazard Courtois Luiz and Willian all leave and we have a major job on our hands, a manager and board that don't get on and a very short space of time to get anything done. Keeping Conte at this stage, whatever people think and however much they like him and think he should be given another go, could be catastrophic. 

I think we can afford to lose all 5 of those.  Hazard will be 30 by the time we are next ready to challenge for the PL.  Indeed selling 2 of last season's 3  AMs might just provoke someone to buy some new ones at last.  

But any club backed by billions looking at our club last season would have seen  just one player head and shoulders above the rest, and crying out for his next club to win stuff with.  Losing him will be a real crisis.

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well the manager change has almost certainly happened.  And we certainly have plenty of players now with Giroud, Emerson from January, Drinkwater and Barkley potentially fit, and potential loan returns of MVG, Abraham, RLC, Zouma and Bats.  7 of the 9 weren't available for that 25 games in 12 weeks spell.  You can add Luiz as a new player too.

And , they'll actually get a pre-season this time. 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Of course you can, I wasn't meaning to patronise you, just trying to make you feel welcome.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Given how successful we have been in recent years, trophy wise, it is somewhat worrying that we're not as buoyant financially as we ought to be. We don't need to worry too much about FFP as the club have worked hard at getting us within the accepted guidelines on a regular basis, but the 'one in, one out' approach to many of our transfers is starting to hamper us.
You're not the first to suggest that Conte may be being used as the fall-guy for the club maximising revenue from player sales.

I think PSG just proved that no one has to worry about FFP.  You just bluff your way through it.

But:

• Sticking to FFP
  • RA thinking the club should be self-funding (other than stadium re-build)
  • neither large losses or large profits
  • a one in, one out policy

are all pretty much the same thing.  Without demanding that RA sticks his hand in his pocket further, I don't see how anyone can be unhappy about the whole set.

Edited by Droy was my hero

18 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Of course you can, I wasn't meaning to patronise you, just trying to make you feel welcome.

Indeed and welcome you made me feel! I wasn't trying to make out you were patronising me. Jeez, this writing posts in a forum seems like hard work! All sort of strange traps and misunderstandings you may walk into! 

Thanks Jane:) 

BlueFizz   
13 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Indeed and welcome you made me feel! I wasn't trying to make out you were patronising me. Jeez, this writing posts in a forum seems like hard work! All sort of strange traps and misunderstandings you may walk into! 

Thanks Jane:) 

Focus on the football - all else is twaddle.

To be honest, quite a lot of what I write about the football is twaddle too.

Anyway back to 'CONTE STAY OR GO?'

Show of digital hands?

My heart says go, my head says - he's staying.

31 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think PSG just proved that no one has to worry about FFP.  You just bluff your way through it.

But:

• Sticking to FFP
  • RA thinking the club should be self-funding (other than stadium re-build)
  • neither large losses or large profits
  • a one in, one out policy

are all pretty much the same thing.  Without demanding that RA sticks his hand in his pocket further, I don't see how anyone can be unhappy about the whole set.

That's the problem, though... we read about new sponsorship deals which are, on the whole, some of the most lucrative in the game; we get a very decent wedge of money from TV deals and prize money, even our match day revenue, given we now have one of the smaller stadia, is still pretty decent; yet we're only ever in that bracket of small loses/small profits, which seemingly forces us to adopt this 'one in, one out' policy. Financially we're treading water, and given our on-field success, this doesn't feel right. Something is amiss.