• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yup.  91 points, 4 short of Juve, 14 more than 3rd place.  It gets more remarkable every time I look at it.

Since he took over they have finished 2nd, 3rd and 2nd on 81, 86 and 91points. 

I'm not sure a lot of people on here appreciate just how good an achievement that is. They finished on 63 points the year before. They have never finished on 80+ points in their history before. They are not a big club, far from it. To do what he has done there whilst playing the style of football they do is hugely impressive.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

He just ran Juve close to Serie A on about a third of their budget.

So what. 

Where in his CV does it say winner of xx in Italy or XX in europa or cl league?

Looser writen all over. FFS they are trying to cusion the blow if the press are correct with Zola. Sorry but his CV is no better. 

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

I pity you. Wonder how you are going to continue supporting Chelsea when he becomes the manager.

With an idiotic statement. I guess you were no born anywhere near Stamford Bridge or ever seen the team when they were Sh*t. 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Since he took over they have finished 2nd, 3rd and 2nd on 81, 86 and 91points. 

I'm not sure a lot of people on here appreciate just how good an achievement that is. They finished on 63 points the year before. They have never finished on 80+ points in their history before. They are not a big club, far from it. To do what he has done there whilst playing the style of football they do is hugely impressive.

No different to Pochettino & klopp and what have they won in the last 3 years?

so I guess you will be happy with Chelsea to become a brides maid 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yup.  91 points, 4 short of Juve, 14 more than 3rd place.  It gets more remarkable every time I look at it.

Look forward you opinion come September when the looser not doing so well. 

13 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

No different to Pochettino & klopp and what have they won in the last 3 years?

so I guess you will be happy with Chelsea to become a brides maid 

Well for one I don't expect us to win the league whilst both Manchester clubs keep throwing stupid amounts of money at it.

And I'd happily see us get back in the top 4 next season and go from there. 

If that makes us brides maids then I'm more than happy to be just that.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:26 AM, Martin1905 said:

There are plenty of options.

Keeping a manager you don't want, who doesn't want to be here is just bizarre and losing any more players because of him would be even more bizarre if he walks away in 12 months time.

Which options?

None of the top jobs were available to our “serial winner”, and Blanc or Sarri would never be considered by Chelsea of the past 10-15 years.

And whether or not we actually do end up “losing more players” its still a decision that will be under the club’s control.

10 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

I'm not a big fan of his baggage, but If Sarri lasts 24 months and pushes the club towards possession-based football, whilst building a squad comfortable with that style, I can take that. Lampard and Jody should be ready for the big job in 2020!

Winning football for me. 

Give me a José Mourinho type manager any day of the week - winning football. Attacking football when it is necessary. Counter attacking football when that is necessary. As long as we win. 

Possession based football is great but I reckon that a lot of people will go back on what they said when we don’t win any trophies.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Which options?

None of the top jobs were available to our “serial winner”, and Blanc or Sarri would never be considered by Chelsea of the past 10-15 years.

And whether or not we actually do end up “losing more players” its still a decision that will be under the club’s control.

Blanc CV is a lot better than the alleged looser the club is about to employ. 

It would be intresting to know who recommended him?

kev61   
1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Winning football for me. 

Give me a José Mourinho type manager any day of the week - winning football. Attacking football when it is necessary. Counter attacking football when that is necessary. As long as we win. 

Possession based football is great but I reckon that a lot of people will go back on what they said when we don’t win any trophies.

You would rather win at all costs?.We have won enough trophies to do me for a while.Let's play attractive football and win things - and as for jose he is yesterday's man that we are well rid.