• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

9 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You would rather win at all costs?.We have won enough trophies to do me for a while.Let's play attractive football and win things - and as for jose he is yesterday's man that we are well rid.

It’s not about Jose. There are a few managers out there who have shown the ability to win using different tactics to suit the game. 

Zidane has demonstrated great Cup manager pedigree and Diego Simeone as well. 

For every Pep Guardiola there are about a dozen or so managers like Klopp, Pochettino, Martinez, Wenger, Sarri, Spalletti, etc. who would bring pleasing football but no real rewards. 

The club shouldn’t opt for that type of manager IMO. 

kev61   
6 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

It’s not about Jose. There are a few managers out there who have shown the ability to win using different tactics to suit the game. 

Zidane has demonstrated great Cup manager pedigree and Diego Simeone as well. 

For every Pep Guardiola there are about a dozen or so managers like Klopp, Pochettino, Martinez, Wenger, Sarri, Spalletti, etc. who would bring pleasing football but no real rewards. 

The club shouldn’t opt for that type of manager IMO. 

Well Napoleon said he would rather have a lucky general than a good one.Sometimes it can be good management sometimes it can be lucky management and sometimes it can be clueless management which we are going through at the moment and I mean clueless management from top to bottom in our club.

Kezza   
36 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You would rather win at all costs?.We have won enough trophies to do me for a while.Let's play attractive football and win things - and as for jose he is yesterday's man that we are well rid.

I never imagined Chelsea playing possession football in RA time. This will be a welcome change. And I think is why most football fans watch the game.

kev61   
4 minutes ago, Kezza said:

I never imagined Chelsea playing possession football in RA time. This will be a welcome change. And I think is why most football fans watch the game.

People used to  watch the game because of zola,osgood and Hazard.I don't watch the game much now because of Vardy Kane and dele alli.

There’s attacking football and there’s what we served up last season. It’s not going to take much to be a huge improvement now is it?!

Kezza   

I like to see a system within a team. And not reliant on individuals. When there's a solid and efficient system, the team plays and functions effectively as a system as it is not dependent on the strength on the players. Which is what you get when you watch Napoli. When you have a group of great talented players but who doesn't have a team or style then you get a team that performs sporadically as they are dependent on individual brilliance. There are many teams like that with a collection of good players but does not perform consistently or struggle to score goals. Then you have players like Mertens who score for fun in a well oiled system. I'm quietly confident that Morata/Giroud will score lots in a Sarri system.

xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Winning football for me. 

Give me a José Mourinho type manager any day of the week - winning football. Attacking football when it is necessary. Counter attacking football when that is necessary. As long as we win. 

Possession based football is great but I reckon that a lot of people will go back on what they said when we don’t win any trophies.

Couldn't agree more. 

I don't follow any sporting side on the premise of how attractive they play. I follow because ultimately I want to see my team win games and subsequently trophies etc. If this can be achieved with attractive football that's gravy, but it should never be the main focus. 

I'm certainly not sitting here envying Liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham's attractive style at the expense of success. 

Edited by xCELERYx

10 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Couldn't agree more. 

I don't follow any sporting side on the premise of how attractive they play. I follow because ultimately I want to see my team win games and subsequently trophies etc. If this can be achieved with attractive football that's gravy, but it should never be the main focus. 

This is obviously where we differ. I don't support Chelsea because I want to see us win anything, that's always been a bonus. I support us because I've grown up in a Chelsea family, I had no choice as a kid, just like my two boys didn't. 

My dad always said you don't choose Chelsea, Chelsea choose you and you should think yourself  lucky to be one of the chosen. Obviously this is back in the day when we were **** and now an awful lot of kids do chose to follow us but for me it's about far more than winning. 

• Like 1

I want a manager to manage. What I saw in February and March wasn't management, it was a wilful dereliction of duty.

Olivier Giroud's spirit and attitude in the Southampton game turned our season around, because that attitude certainly wasn't coming from the man on the touchline.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

People used to  watch the game because of zola,osgood and Hazard.I don't watch the game much now because of Vardy Kane and dele alli.

And very well said sir.