• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

paulw66   
6 hours ago, kev61 said:

People used to  watch the game because of zola,osgood and Hazard.I don't watch the game much now because of Vardy Kane and dele alli.

When did we buy these players?

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

This is obviously where we differ. I don't support Chelsea because I want to see us win anything, that's always been a bonus. I support us because I've grown up in a Chelsea family, I had no choice as a kid, just like my two boys didn't. 

My dad always said you don't choose Chelsea, Chelsea choose you and you should think yourself  lucky to be one of the chosen. Obviously this is back in the day when we were **** and now an awful lot of kids do chose to follow us but for me it's about far more than winning. 

There's been a little bit of a miscommunication and misunderstanding with regards to what I was saying. I'll support Chelsea regardless - win, loss or draw. I started to support the club shortly after Vialli arrived because I liked him as a player and he obviously was at Juve prior. At the time Chelsea was also the Italian side of the PL - naturally it was a perfect match for me. The point I was more attempting (and seeming failed) to make was that I want to also ultimately see Chelsea do well - which I presume we all want as well.

If that comes at the expensive of attractive football, so be it. I don't get up at weird hours of the night to watch Chelsea to see pretty football. I do it because I support Chelsea first and foremost, and because I want to also see us hopefully win. If that means playing football that's less aesthetically pleasing, so be it.

We don't earn extra points for style at the end of the day. And having had the ability to watch Sarri over the last few years, he doesn't fill me with confidence. Sure, his football is easy on the eye - but it lacks substance beyond that. He's also a vile human, which doesn't thrill me to see at the helm of the club I passionately support. 

BlueFizz   
9 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Blanc CV is a lot better than the alleged looser the club is about to employ. 

It would be intresting to know who recommended him?

I think three things recommended him:

1. the football that Napoli played

2. Chalobah's feedback

3. The fact that he's an ugly version of Pep Guardiola (perhaps his Dorian Gray portrait in the attic)

Roman puts in a lot of money, we must tolerate his occasional 'infatuations' - remember the posters of Vilas Boas he blu-tacked all over the super-yacht?

11 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

None of the top jobs were available to our “serial winner”, and Blanc or Sarri would never be considered by Chelsea of the past 10-15 years.

I think the very late appointment of the RM manager (and just 3 weeks after he extended his NT contract) suggests that RM really had someone else in mind.  The obvious guess then is that it was Conte, only Conte could not get out of his Chelsea contract.

9 hours ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

There’s attacking football and there’s what we served up last season. It’s not going to take much to be a huge improvement now is it?!

Quite.
Personally I'm not so bothered about style.  But someone once said "talk softly but carry a big stick".
Softly or arrogantly, I don't care much, but we have lost our big stick.  We can't score when we need to.  That bothers me.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think the very late appointment of the RM manager (and just 3 weeks after he extended his NT contract) suggests that RM really had someone else in mind.  The obvious guess then is that it was Conte, only Conte could not get out of his Chelsea contract.

But I thought you said all of this was sewn up months ago? If RM ever wanted Conte, the fact that he has a year left on his contract has always been a complete insignificance.

6 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

But I thought you said all of this was sewn up months ago? If RM ever wanted Conte, the fact that he has a year left on his contract has always been a complete insignificance.

They must have wanted and failed to get someone, or their end choice wouldn't have signed an extension to his old contract.
Would Chelsea keep Conte here just to spite him?  Looks that way to me.

7 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Droy is the David Davies of these forums... making up one story whilst trying to remember what story he made up last time around.

2 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

remember the posters of Vilas Boas he blu-tacked all over the super-yacht?

I wish someone told me about blu-tac when I was younger. Sellotape was unforgiving on bedroom walls.

BlueFizz   

Meanwhile, Napoli’s lawyer Grassani has this to say - on the record, to Calcio Napoli 24 radio:

(from the Italian with Google translate):

“For Sarri we are not there yet, we must be patient. We are "work in progress". It is a complex agreement, it is not simply based on the release of a bond. There may be transfers of more members. At the moment, however, there are no discussions about Blues players but they only concern Jorginho. The president is directly addressing the matter and does not want to leave anything to chance. The patron does not want it to happen that Sarri carries with him some of his former players and has therefore dictated all the necessary quibbles. After Jorginho, the Naples-London transmigration will be over. The presence of Sarri at Chelsea, now in the finishing line, has facilitated the passage of Jorginho to the Blues. There is optimism, we could close between today and tomorrow for the technician, while the director has preferred London to Manchester for the possible presence of the Tuscan. Younes? Tomorrow I should also be in retreat to welcome the former Ajax player and his lawyers. He accepted the destination Naples ".

Ham   

Conte is gone according to Sky Italy.