• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

Kezza   

Thou shall not sign your choice of players and shall still finish top 4

Ham   

Even though I think it's the right thing for the club I'll always remember with massive fondness the Conte in his first season with us.

I wish him well. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Even though I think it's the right thing for the club I'll always remember with massive fondness the Conte in his first season with us.

I wish him well. 

Indeed , it probably is for the best , I still think we treated him badly though but you know what they say , Sarri seems to be the hardest word.

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

I wish him well. 

Yeah, I've been one of his biggest critics but will always be thankful for him that we won the league 2 years ago.

Thoroughly excited for next season though, it's gonna be very exciting. 

So they brought him back for pre season training, having kept him (and us)  hanging for months, waited till he put his Chelsea bib on and sacked him. Any thoughts on why Chelsea acted like that? I'd be interested to know kind folks opinions. 

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

So they brought him back for pre season training, having kept him (and us)  hanging for months, waited till he put his Chelsea bib on and sacked him. Any thoughts on why Chelsea acted like that? I'd be interested to know kind folks opinions. 

I guess their opinion was we will have to pay his salary until next summer most likely, so best get some value out of him until we can confirm the new coach and staff, which is taking longer to resolve than expected due to legal complications.

I'd have had the academy/loan coaches training the first team, seems to me a bit toxic to have a dead man walking training the first team - but given that it's only the back-up players at the moment I guess the club didn't care too much!

Panda   

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Definitely gone - JT's instagram would confirm that. 

Indeed it would!

Just now, chiswickblue said:

I guess their opinion was we will have to pay his salary until next summer most likely, so best get some value out of him until we can confirm the new coach and staff, which is taking longer to resolve than expected due to legal complications.

I'd have had the academy/loan coaches training the first team, seems to me a bit toxic to have a dead man walking training the first team - but given that it's only the back-up players at the moment I guess the club didn't care too much!

I conclude a massive fall out in which Chelsea said 'bollocks to you if you won't resign. We will keep you working to the very last second on your massive wage because we can. You may know you're a dead man walking but we will stop you taking up any other position because we can. '  Conte 's perspective was that he was never going to resign and forfeit 9 mill quid even if it meant missing other jobs. He wanted Chelsea to pay up and knew sooner or later they would have to. The chances of him being our manager next year were always less than zero. This was the case months ago. At least the hatred and animosity on both sides is now clear for all to see.