• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

Just now, DannyLB said:

I could ask you the same. So dramatic. 

Well I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

Yes, because your opinion is fact. 

My opinion is a least based on some evidence that makes sense. You on the other hand think it's perfectly normal to not sack at coach at the end of the season (the traditional time to sack a coach) but wait 75 days, bring him back for two days preseason , then announce Sarri and sack the old guy. You then state that this is no more unusual or different to sacking a coach mid season when a club may be trying to save the season with fresh blood and new tactics (as we have done many times before). I'm just calling you out on that statement but defend it if you think you must. 

Presumably if we had paid Sarri's release clause before it expired they wouldn't be able to insist on this 'you can't sign any of our players while managing chelsea' clause which has been holding things up. Seems ADL is (still) being a pretty tosser and delaying things out of spite. I bet if one of their players is heading to say Arsenal and we matched the offer he would still refuse.

Also does anyone know if the compo paid to Napoli for hiring Sarri would be considered an 'exceptional cost' for FFP in the same way compo to the coach when sacking them is reported to be. If it is then by doing a double deal for Sarri and Jorginho we could lump a load of the costs weighted towards the compo rather than the transfer fee (if Roman fancied a spending spree and wanted help complying with FFP)

28 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

they wouldn't be able to insist on this 'you can't sign any of our players while managing chelsea' clause which has been holding things up. Seems ADL is (still) being a pretty tosser and delaying things out of spite.

haven't read this anywhere, and I am sure ADL is being awkward - he does have a right - we have been trying to hire his contracted employer for some time.

I don't see the purpose of a "no signing" clause.  If he runs Napoli, he doesn't need's anyones agreement to stop Chelsea from signing Napoli players does he?
Does Sarri have access to the secret list of  buy-out clauses at Napoli?  I thought it was the agent's job to leak those.

31 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Also does anyone know if the compo paid to Napoli for hiring Sarri would be considered an 'exceptional cost' for FFP in the same way compo to the coach when sacking them is reported to be.

I can't see why either would be ignored costs.    It would require a very strange writing of the UEFA rule book to exclude them.
I don't think Chelsea care much about FFP, we just balance our books for the more obvious reason.  Whereas Napoli would want to avoid any comp being treated as "exceptional revenue".

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

So they brought him back for pre season training, having kept him (and us)  hanging for months, waited till he put his Chelsea bib on and sacked him. Any thoughts on why Chelsea acted like that? I'd be interested to know kind folks opinions. 

Marina's revenge . Classy. 

It was inevitable I suppose, but good luck Conte whatever he does next.  Two years ago rejuvinated a demoralsed and disorganised side to the league title.  And as the old saying goes"be careful what you wish for".  The likely appointment of Sarri doesn't fill me with much excitement TBH.