• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

57 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

haven't read this anywhere, and I am sure ADL is being awkward - he does have a right - we have been trying to hire his contracted employer for some time.

Quotes from one of the lawyers (I think sarri)

"It’s a complex negotiation in terms of texts and technicalities. It’s not simply based on Napoli giving the go-ahead to Chelsea.

"Not everything is done yet because [President] Aurelio De Laurentiis takes care of the smallest details and then dictates the line to me.

He doesn’t want to leave anything to chance in the future. When a Coach changes teams he tends to bring along two or three loyal lieutenants, De Laurentiis doesn’t want that to happen so we’re taking care of those details.

"De Laurentiis wants to close this window, after Jorginho goes to Chelsea then the route from Naples to London will be closed, for any player.

"Today or tomorrow Sarri could sign, it’s close and is about to happen.

59 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't see the purpose of a "no signing" clause.  If he runs Napoli, he doesn't need's anyones agreement to stop Chelsea from signing Napoli players does he?
Does Sarri have access to the secret list of  buy-out clauses at Napoli?  I thought it was the agent's job to leak those.

That was my point there's no need for it just being petty, although I hadn't considered the buy out clauses (which Sarri no doubt knows anyway) in which case it makes a little sense I guess.

58 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I can't see why either would be ignored costs.    It would require a very strange writing of the UEFA rule book to exclude them.
I don't think Chelsea care much about FFP, we just balance our books for the more obvious reason.  Whereas Napoli would want to avoid any comp being treated as "exceptional revenue".

Not read up on FFP for a while but I believe there is an allowance for 'exceptional costs' on your accounts if you fall foul of FFP or I remember seeing that reported anyway. Us paying off Jose mk2 and paying off the Adidas contract were mentioned as being exceptional costs recently, was just a thought if we could use it as a work around. Would only be needed if Roman is planning a spending spree which as you say, we haven't done for a while. I don't think it works in reverse where it would be discounted on Napolis accounts, my memory may even be wrong and there may not be an allowance for exceptional costs.

13 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Not read up on FFP for a while but I believe there is an allowance for 'exceptional costs' on your accounts if you fall foul of FFP or I remember seeing that reported anyway. Us paying off Jose mk2 and paying off the Adidas contract were mentioned as being exceptional costs recently, was just a thought if we could use it as a work around. Would only be needed if Roman is planning a spending spree which as you say, we haven't done for a while. I don't think it works in reverse where it would be discounted on Napolis accounts, my memory may even be wrong and there may not be an allowance for exceptional costs.

This is a very basic précis... I'm sure some on here will go into far greater detail (or complain that I've not gone into enough detail)

FFP uses a rolling three year period where clubs must not overspend. If a club, which has generally been compliant, suddenly goes over the 'limit' due, such as in our case sacking a manager or terminating a commercial contract early, then this 'exceptional cost' is accepted due to it being exceptional rather than the norm.

He really turned me off him with some of his actions last season, and the standard of football was dire, but the title season was fantastic so I’ll always have a soft spot for him due to that. Definitely right to separate though.

Why on Earth JT and Fabregas are wishing him well before we’ve officially announced his departure I’ll never know. Not an ideal situation. 

18 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

This is a very basic précis... I'm sure some on here will go into far greater detail (or complain that I've not gone into enough detail)

FFP uses a rolling three year period where clubs must not overspend. If a club, which has generally been compliant, suddenly goes over the 'limit' due, such as in our case sacking a manager or terminating a commercial contract early, then this 'exceptional cost' is accepted due to it being exceptional rather than the norm.

Having a glance over and the rules speak very specifically about player registrations with little mention of coaching staff specifically. However it boils down to football related income and expenditure which the compo would be anyway. Was just an idea, probably not worth looking into it any further no doubt somebody at the club is better versed on the matter. The EFL rules are written much plainer English and terminating coaching contracts is specifically mentioned as not being discountable, presumably they mirror FFP in a lot of their policies.

1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Having a glance over and the rules speak very specifically about player registrations with little mention of coaching staff specifically. However it boils down to football related income and expenditure which the compo would be anyway. Was just an idea, probably not worth looking into it any further no doubt somebody at the club is better versed on the matter. The EFL rules are written much plainer English and terminating coaching contracts is specifically mentioned as not being discountable, presumably they mirror FFP in a lot of their policies.

I don't think anyone suggested that under FFP coaching contracts could be discountable (and if they did, they were wrong to do so). Under FFP 'exceptional costs' aren't discountable... it's just a way of allowing a club who are normally compliant to 'overspend' without fear of a penalty from UEFA.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I don't think anyone suggested that under FFP coaching contracts could be discountable (and if they did, they were wrong to do so). Under FFP 'exceptional costs' aren't discountable... it's just a way of allowing a club who are normally compliant to 'overspend' without fear of a penalty from UEFA.

Yes.  There is a difference between being able to ignore costs in the FFP numbers (almost never) and being cut a bit of slack with meeting the numbers if there are exceptional reasons (almost always granted).

Reports are surfacing from Counto munto and other sites that Conte may be on the way out sooner rather than later.  He may be replaced by the SC Napoli manager.  There may be signifigant movement by the start of next month.

Stim   

So many different places with different stories **** talking Conte so seems the club has released their media briefs so should be happening officially today? Even though actual players have all tweeted goodbye still no official site confirmation :S