• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

paulw66   
1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

Nah, those same people won't batter an eye because the brand of football will be more aesthetically pleasing - that's all that matters now. 

Why bother posting childish snipes like this? 

Nobody has said that the results are unimportant, but at the same time, when we line up at home against relegation fodder with 7 defensive players in the starting XI then people have the right to question. 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

Pathetic really on behalf of the club in comparison to what other managers received when departing. 

Ongoing legal case is dictating this. 

49 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Or indeed the response the Napoli manager gave to a female journalist, Titti Improta, who asked him about Napoli’s title prospects after a draw against Inter this March. “You’re a woman and you’re sweet,” Sarri said. “For this reason, I won’t tell you to go **** yourself.”

I don't have a problem with this  - on the assumption that if she were a man he would have told "him" to ....

19 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Pathetic really on behalf of the club in comparison to what other managers received when departing. 

Just the opposite I'd say.  They are making a pretty strong statement rather than weasel words.  They don't like him.

35 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Nah, those same people won't batter an eye because the brand of football will be more aesthetically pleasing - that's all that matters now. 

Nobody has said that the style of football Is all that matters.

Why is so hard for some to realise that you can play good quality football and win things?

Thank you for everything Conte. You took a team that finished 10th to title. That 13 game winning run was amazing. And good luck in your future assignments.

xCELERYx   
44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Why bother posting childish snipes like this? 

Nobody has said that the results are unimportant, but at the same time, when we line up at home against relegation fodder with 7 defensive players in the starting XI then people have the right to question. 

It's not a snipe whatsoever. A number on here pissed and moaned about our "defensive football". Then for every manager that's been linked, the prospect of playing a more attractive style has been top of the wish list. It's essentially the only factor that's driven the support for Sarri. Despite him still being a demanding manager in his own way, his off field issues - including homophobic remarks made at Mancini and sexist comments towards a reporter. The fact he doesn't rotate his players - something ADL had showed displeasure towards. That's not even taking into consideration the lack of success he's had in his career to date. The prospect of "Sarriball" trumps all. 

xCELERYx   
51 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Ongoing legal case is dictating this. 

That doesn't stop them from being a little more respectful and appreciative of what he achieved. The club have handled this whole situation appallingly and are now trying their utmost to weasel their way out of paying Conte and his staff the compensation their entitled to. Yeah nah. 

6 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

That doesn't stop them from being a little more respectful and appreciative of what he achieved. The club have handled this whole situation appallingly and are now trying their utmost to weasel their way out of paying Conte and his staff the compensation their entitled to. Yeah nah. 

One way of looking at it.  But I suspect pretty much everyone else sees a manager that has tried to weasel his way out of a 3 year contract ever since signing a massive pay boosting addendum last summer.  It looks much more like Conte (and staff) have been trying to move on to the extent that they could no longer be trusted in charge of our team.  That Chelsea have refused to let them break contracts at will is much to Chelsea's credit.  If it means that they all lost out on the RM gig (and it probably does) then so Chelsea in my eyes come out all the better.  The only thing that could ruin it for me would be overly trite words for Conte now.

It looks like  Chelsea have agreed to (or Napoli forced us to) pay compensation for Sarri.  Good for Napoli.

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

it really is the most churlish sacking I can remember , parted company ? Bollocks , they sacked him , this wording  is arguably worse than "palpable discord"

Sir   

The club doesn’t even have the decency to thank Antonio? Terrible.

Hoping, and assuming, the club will rectify that at some point which I’m sure they will with a full article etc

What a shame, though, that it had to end like his. I’ll still say a thank you to Antonio for what he did here, and again, very disappointing and quite gutting for it to end like this. Kind of has a Carlo Ancelotti ring to it.