• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

JaneB   

So Conte is suing Chelsea for £20 million. Nice work if you can get it, or not, as it turned out for him. 

I mean, how much money does one person need? I guess that's the problem when lawyers get involved 😏

32 minutes ago, JaneB said:

So Conte is suing Chelsea for £20 million. Nice work if you can get it, or not, as it turned out for him. 

I mean, how much money does one person need? I guess that's the problem when lawyers get involved 😏

As I understand the situation, Jane, Conte gets paid what he was getting paid by Chelsea, until such time as he signs on for another club, or the season ends. I'm not sure why he'd have to call in the lawyers, unless Chelsea have refused to pay him.

42 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It won't happen Jane because a couple of months ago, when I said I  believed this scenario would take place , I was told by several members  ( Mr Droy in particular if I remember correctly...sorry if it wasn't you Droy) that this was fake made up news with no basis in truth whatsoever. So there you go...we can all relax. More made up news.

17 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

As I understand the situation, Jane, Conte gets paid what he was getting paid by Chelsea, until such time as he signs on for another club, or the season ends. I'm not sure why he'd have to call in the lawyers, unless Chelsea have refused to pay him.

We have refused to pay him due to bad behaviour. Apparently one of the examples Chelsea are giving is that Conte didn't always park his car in the right parking place at the training ground ( and no I'm not trying to be amusing). 

Personally I can't understand it. The club and Conte seemed to be getting on so well last season. He seemed happy with his contract, happy with the players we bought, happy with the amount of input he was allowed in transfers, happy with Marina ( no row at all and a tracksuit was simply more comfy ), and the players all liked him and his style of footie with no dressing room bust ups at all. Anything I heard that challenged this vision of Utopia was lies, heresay and made up media nonsense to rock the Chelsea boat. 

To think I nearly swallowed it all hook, line and sinker!!  

I think he has realised has completely finished as a top level manager so needs to get as much money out of us as possible.

JaneB   
11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Ah right, thanks Michael.  It's going to be a long season for Chelsea then if he doesn't get another job! 

JaneB   
10 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

We have refused to pay him due to bad behaviour. Apparently one of the examples Chelsea are giving is that Conte didn't always park his car in the right parking place at the training ground ( and no I'm not trying to be amusing). 

Personally I can't understand it. The club and Conte seemed to be getting on so well last season. He seemed happy with his contract, happy with the players we bought, happy with the amount of input he was allowed in transfers, happy with Marina ( no row at all and a tracksuit was simply more comfy ), and the players all liked him and his style of footie with no dressing room bust ups at all. Anything I heard that challenged this vision of Utopia was lies, heresay and made up media nonsense to rock the Chelsea boat. 

To think I nearly swallowed it all hook, line and sinker!!  

I've just read about the car parking space!  Maybe they will try and get rid of Sarri for smoking in the toilets.  Also, apparently, he was late for press conferences and didn't turn up to sponsorship events.  His handling of Diego Costa was also criticised which I think is a bit unfair as the player behaved like a p****** and I liked the way Conte showed him who was boss.

Very sad how things have turned out.  I really liked him when he first arrived.  I mean, who wouldn't have done?

22 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I've just read about the car parking space!  Maybe they will try and get rid of Sarri for smoking in the toilets.  Also, apparently, he was late for press conferences and didn't turn up to sponsorship events.  His handling of Diego Costa was also criticised which I think is a bit unfair as the player behaved like a p****** and I liked the way Conte showed him who was boss.

Very sad how things have turned out.  I really liked him when he first arrived.  I mean, who wouldn't have done?

It was sad. Sad and frustrating because it could have been so different.  I really liked Conte originally, but regardless how the board acted, he should have been more professional.  He attempted to play a very tricky balancing act last season of looking like he was trying, but hoping to get the sack while also at the same time letting other clubs know that it wasn't his fault that we were so bad. If he achieved any of that it was of no importance to him how our season went. In fact the worse the better. Never in my life have I seen a manager try and sabotage his own team but I'm fairly confident that that was what I saw.

I'm hoping Chelsea will have some better cards to play than car park spaces ( why would they even throw that into the ring??). 

10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

It was sad. Sad and frustrating because it could have been so different.  I really liked Conte originally, but regardless how the board acted, he should have been more professional.  He attempted to play a very tricky balancing act last season of looking like he was trying, but hoping to get the sack while also at the same time letting other clubs know that it wasn't his fault that we were so bad. If he achieved any of that it was of no importance to him how our season went. In fact the worse the better. Never in my life have I seen a manager try and sabotage his own team but I'm fairly confident that that was what I saw.

I'm hoping Chelsea will have some better cards to play than car park spaces ( why would they even throw that into the ring??). 

I agree, but unfortunately it wasn't a massive surprise - I have heard on numerous occasions he just isn't a very nice person. Amazing in our first season, but then like you say in the 2nd season, for whatever reason, he sabotaged his team and club and I have absolutely no idea why someone would do that.

What is also frustrating is it feels a bit like the club sunk to his level and refused to sack him to make some kind of point, which then left us in a mess with a manager who didn't care how we finished the season and players who didn't want to be around the manager.

7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

He attempted to play a very tricky balancing act last season of looking like he was trying,

To be fair he did pull off a very very tricky balancing act last season of keeping an undersized squad going through an interminal run of midweek games.  I think there are plenty of drawbacks to Conte, but I do think he did his best for the set of players he had.

7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

What is also frustrating is it feels a bit like the club sunk to his level and refused to sack him to make some kind of point, which then left us in a mess with a manager who didn't care how we finished the season and players who didn't want to be around the manager.

IMO full marks to the club for not accepting his demands beyond the massive pay rise of July 2017.
If you accept my theory that RM came calling, it all seems pretty predictable, and Chelse did the right thing.