• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

chara   

The first season had JT in the dressing room which I'm sure helped keep things stable and most of us were taken by his enthusiasm and apparent Chelsea loyalty along with a stunning turnaround and title...

The "real" Conte appeared to emerge the second season and we watched OUR club spiral out of control both on and off the field. 

Had Conte not gone I am sure TC would not have been the only one to leave and the Eden to RM debate would not have ensued because he probably would have been in Madrid.shudder….

xCELERYx   
23 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I agree, but unfortunately it wasn't a massive surprise - I have heard on numerous occasions he just isn't a very nice person. Amazing in our first season, but then like you say in the 2nd season, for whatever reason, he sabotaged his team and club and I have absolutely no idea why someone would do that.

What is also frustrating is it feels a bit like the club sunk to his level and refused to sack him to make some kind of point, which then left us in a mess with a manager who didn't care how we finished the season and players who didn't want to be around the manager.

Conte is intense, which may not be for everyone, but he's often spoken about in a very fond manner by a lot of top quality players who've played under him. 

Ironically, the ones who have historically had issues with him are the type who aren't of that iron-willed mentality. 

He would have been a good fit with the squad we had that contained the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Carvalho, Cech, Ballack, Essen, A. Cole, etc. 

4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Conte is intense, which may not be for everyone, but he's often spoken about in a very fond manner by a lot of top quality players who've played under him. 

Ironically, the ones who have historically had issues with him are the type who aren't of that iron-willed mentality. 

He would have been a good fit with the squad we had that contained the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Carvalho, Cech, Ballack, Essen, A. Cole, etc. 

So a bit like Mourinho then? 

• Like 1

On 08/11/2018 at 9:12 AM, Martin1905 said:

I think he has realised has completely finished as a top level manager so needs to get as much money out of us as possible.

Your right. In the last 5 seasons conte has coached he has won the league 4 times and delivered the FA cup in the other season  

Remind me again the honours the current coach of Chelsea has won in his last 5 seasons?

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

chara   
46 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Your right. In the last 5 seasons conte has coached he has won the league 4 times and delivered the FA cup in the other season  

Remind me again the honours the current coach of Chelsea has won in his last 5 seasons?

Good point but apart from last nights game..a win for all that...I would far rather watch the present Chelsea offerings than certainly last seasons farcical showings and JM's last season here.

Of course it's great to win the title but sometimes it's good to watch players like Hazard playing to their skills not a "plan"....over simplified but ….Conte and JM suppressed in many ways for results...first JM time...great and a feeling of our time has come... but like many a first true love reality sets in and feet of clay appear. Same with Conte maybe more so..

I am Chelsea through and through but when faced with a choice of a non Chelsea game I go to Man City...or Barcelona or last seasons RM Not to support a side but to watch a different level of football.. not an argument for either club..just examples so don't come on here with an argument for or against..it's not what I'm trying to say..

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Your right, but you are aware one of them is currently employed by one of the biggest teams in Europe and the other can't get a job even when 4 or 5 big European teams all changed manager fairly recently?

How can someone so successful make himself so unemployable? 

48 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Your right, but you are aware one of them is currently employed by one of the biggest teams in Europe and the other can't get a job even when 4 or 5 big European teams all changed manager fairly recently?

But it is costing Chelsea ten million to keep him out of a job for 1 year.  
In fact worse, if he hadn't been torn between our money and that of other clubs in Summer 2017, we might have started the season with the 3 extra players we needed to stay in CL last season, and not have been carrying 3 or 4 to many players now.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

But it is costing Chelsea ten million to keep him out of a job for 1 year.  

So? It's Roman's money, and spending 10 mill of it is little more than RA shouting coffee and cake for his minions around the world. I'm quite sure that he's not losing sleep over it.

11 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

So? It's Roman's money, and spending 10 mill of it is little more than RA shouting coffee and cake for his minions around the world. I'm quite sure that he's not losing sleep over it.

Absolutely - I'm quite proud that RA is willing to pay £10m just to spite the manager who wanted to so quickly welsh on his contract.

Ham   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Absolutely - I'm quite proud that RA is willing to pay £10m just to spite the manager who wanted to so quickly welsh on his contract.

I'll take any opportunity I can to 100% agree with you. 👍😊