• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

PSG, Madrid and Bayern all changed manager for the new season. 

Why would he have more chance of getting one of those jobs next season?

Because his Chelsea contract runs out in 2019.

31 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Because his Chelsea contract runs out in 2019.

We shall see.

I have very little doubt that if they wanted him he would have gone.

If he is turning down clubs like that so he can get more money out of us then he is doing his reputation even more harm and clubs like that are even less likely to want him in the future.

Can you imagine Madrid or Bayern wanting a manger only to be told they would have to wait a year for him so he can squeeze every bit of money out of us as possible. Two of the biggest clubs in the world. can't see it personally.

If PSG had wanted him they would have just paid. No questions asked.

Edited by Martin1905

2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Can you imagine Madrid or Bayern wanting a manger only to be told they would have to wait a year for him so he can squeeze every bit of money out of us as possible. Two of the biggest clubs in the world. can't see it personally.

No no - you misunderstand.  I suspect RM wanted him in 2017.  That is why Chelsea did what surprised us all and upped his pay massively with no extension.  That in retrospect only makes sense if we tied him down much more tightly, so that he became unable to walk under any circumstances.
So when RM came for him (and/or with others) in 2017, 2018 and again this month, they couldn't get him because of his ultra-tight deal with Chelsea.  Whether RA is refusing to release him from that because he wants a massive price or just out of spite, I don't know - I kind of like the spite version.  

It is not Conte turning RM and others down.  It is Chelsea holding him back.

10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

If PSG had wanted him they would have just paid. No questions asked.

So who is Thomas Tuchel anyway?  Whatever you or I think of Conte, he had 4 amazing years over 2013-17.  Anyone planning for a manager in 2018 would have had him top of the list.  

chara   

Sorry but why would RM want Conte?... heading for a rebuild they would want a defensive minded guy leading them?..EPL yes but La Liga?..with the big two plus a few stronger sides most games are against weaker teams and the Conte defensive attitude would not suit the RM faithful... 

I still remember my first time in Spain.(Ibiza actually when people said "Where?".)..joining a street side small crowd watching an old black/white tv in a front door with a RM game on...remember being amazed at the way the game was played..seemed light years away from the old First Division...caught up mostly now but they still expect attack in Madrid...

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Anyone planning for a manager in 2018 would have had him top of the list.  

Maybe at the beginning of last season, certainly not by the end of it.

30 minutes ago, chara said:

Sorry but why would RM want Conte?... heading for a rebuild they would want a defensive minded guy leading them?..EPL yes but La Liga?..with the big two plus a few stronger sides most games are against weaker teams and the Conte defensive attitude would not suit the RM faithful... 

I still remember my first time in Spain.(Ibiza actually when people said "Where?".)..joining a street side small crowd watching an old black/white tv in a front door with a RM game on...remember being amazed at the way the game was played..seemed light years away from the old First Division...caught up mostly now but they still expect attack in Madrid...

You've only got to look at the current Madrid squad to see that Conte is the most ill fitting manager imaginable.

Edited by Martin1905

2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Maybe at the beginning of last season, certainly not by the end of it.

You don't make decisons on managers in July.  Even so he remains the best available candidate out there by a mile.  Guardiola, then Conte, then er who?  Mourinho, Klopp, Pochettino, Zidane, but only two of those has ever won anything.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

You don't make decisons on managers in July.  Even so he remains the best available candidate out there by a mile.  

He really isn't. Far from it.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

No no - you misunderstand.  I suspect RM wanted him in 2017.  That is why Chelsea did what surprised us all and upped his pay massively with no extension. 

Remind me again why Real Madrid wanted him in 2017 when Zidane had just won back to back CL titles and was going nowhere?

And none of this provides any answer as to why RM would pay 2 "permanent" managers a combined total of more than Conte's £8.1m wages for the whole season, while they waited around for Conte for a full year, with a once-in-a-lifetime-never-to-be-repeated-4-in-a-row CL title on the table. I'm stumped.