• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

.........and now David Moyes :-(

James Prescott will be pleased to hear that; I gather he rated him quite highly at one point... the usual "does well on a small budget, will bring in the youth players, etc., etc." he churns out every time we're looking for a new coach.

JaneB   
1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

James Prescott will be pleased to hear that; I gather he rated him quite highly at one point... the usual "does well on a small budget, will bring in the youth players, etc., etc." he churns out every time we're looking for a new coach.

Well to be fair Bob, a LONG time ago I thought David Moyes might be a good fit for us. 

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Well to be fair Bob, a LONG time ago I thought David Moyes might be a good fit for us. 

So did I, but Moyes flopped at every club he has managed after leaving Everton.  As for Allardyce, he's just a dinosaur.

Holymoly   
37 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

So did I, but Moyes flopped at every club he has managed after leaving Everton.  As for Allardyce, he's just a dinosaur.

Don't knock Big Sam, we may be in need of his services by Christmas.

27 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Has to be Simeone.

Surely he's  made it clear (more than once, iirc) that he doesn't want to leave Atletico any time soon? He also has a contract that takes him into 2020.

Conte has clearly lost a lot of the dressing room. He is literally begging the board to sack him, the board want him out. If somehow he stays the board won't back a manager who will be out within a year, the dressing room will be divided against him, and next season will make 15/16 look like a succesful season. Hazard will be out before you can blink, and no one will take us seriously as a big club anymore.

Conte staying would an absolute catastrope for this club.

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Has to be Simeone.

Yep, because let's keep on playing negative football and putting 10 men behind the ball. Because we've never seen that before.

Simeone is a great manager and a born winner, I'm sure he'd do well here but his team's football is dire. Plus, it doesn't appear he is interested in coming to England - he wants Inter next IMO.

Bob says I churn out the same thing every time we look for a new coach - that's because the club needs a manager who will play good football and make the most of our world class academy. And I'll keep on campaigning until we get one. If people can't see what's patently obvious, then I can't help.

Moyes struggled at United because he approached the job wrong and didn't get the players he was promised - and had to follow Sir Alex. If it means Conte going, I'd take him right now. He's done well at West Ham and didn't deserve to go. With our academy he'd probably do pretty well.

But my first choice is Poch, far and away the best choice. Won't happen though. Enrique looks the most likely now, if Conte does go.

14 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Don't knock Big Sam, we may be in need of his services by Christmas.

We will if Conte stays, because we'll be about 16th.