• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

13 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

That's more on the club not being able to pry Sarri away from Napoli first. With Sarri being the clubs first choice it didn't really leave many other options but to stick with Conte until a Sarri deal could be completed with Napoli.

Had the club removed Conte first and then subsequently failed in their pursuit of landing Sarri, it would have been shambles going into the new season without a manager and possibly having had to settle for a second, third, forth etc down the list of candidates. Something that may not have been any better then simply allowing Conte to see out the final year of his deal and then getting their first choice in Sarri after that. 

Either way, this has been ridiculously handled by the club and extremely petty - has been from the very beginning.

5 years ago the club would have sacked Conte and brought sarri out of his contract with Napoli. 

However the club are more frugal with money and therefore decided to play Russian roulette with conte and sarri. Which is look more and more like a bad move because they paid of sarri indirectly the the jorginio transfer and Conte is sitting pretty at home with club still paying him

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

In the Summer of course he wanted to say. He signed a mega contract in July.   I'm daring you to say he wanted to stay in the Autumn, when RM would have come calling for Summer 2018.

Typical of you... keep moving the goalposts in order to avoid answering the question.

21 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Typical of you... keep moving the goalposts in order to avoid answering the question.

This attempting to score points without actually taking up a view point is tedious.

But alas it fills much of this forum; how many posts would there be without it? Still, let him who is without sin cast the first stone, eh?

55 minutes ago, blue moon said:

But alas it fills much of this forum; how many posts would there be without it? Still, let him who is without sin cast the first stone, eh?

Maybe I am wrong - but that sounds like a classic example of point scoring without actually making a statement of fact, again.
Are you accusing someone (me?) of being unwilling to make their point clearly?