• Current Donation Goals

Martin1905

Official: Chelsea Part Ways With Antonio Conte

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Surely he's  made it clear (more than once, iirc) that he doesn't want to leave Atletico any time soon? He also has a contract that takes him into 2020.

Not to mention he doesn't play attractive attacking football that's so dearly craved. 

12 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Conte has clearly lost a lot of the dressing room. He is literally begging the board to sack him, the board want him out. If somehow he stays the board won't back a manager who will be out within a year, the dressing room will be divided against him, and next season will make 15/16 look like a succesful season. Hazard will be out before you can blink, and no one will take us seriously as a big club anymore.

The problem here, James, is that none of the above qualifies as being  'clearly' a fact. It's simply  your version of what might happen, and a summation of what you want to happen. And of course, you may be right, but then, you may not be!

xCELERYx   
5 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

We will if Conte stays, because we'll be about 16th.

Sure, if too many players fail to take responsibility for their own performances... again. But hey, there's no accountability and they're free to do as they please. Free passes all round. 

Edited by xCELERYx

14 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

We will if Conte stays, because we'll be about 16th.

James, this season we finished 5th. Not a reason to even remotely suggest that next season we may be down the bottom of the table, or stick your head in the oven. I understand that you're exaggerating for effect (at least, I hope that you are), but seriously!

I wanted Simeone after Benitez and Jose but not now. I think he's a great manager and a born winner but he's another defensive, negative manager and I want the club to take a different route.

Reports are that Sarri will sign an extension, which seems a little odd and they may just be rumours but if he does then our choices have got that much smaller.

I think it's interesting that Arsenal are going for Arteta, I'd have thought they would have been all over Jardim or Enrique.  Very few rumours about either so I'd suspect Enrique already has a job lined up and Jardim the same or he is staying at Monaco.

I think it's almost certain the club and manager, whoever that may be, already know who will be in charge next season. 

52 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Not to mention he doesn't play attractive attacking football that's so dearly craved. 

Difference is I don't see Simeone getting pumped by Watford, West Brom or Newcastle.

32 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think it's almost certain the club and manager, whoever that may be, already know who will be in charge next season. 

I suspect that Conte also knows , which has probably added to the malaise .

21 minutes ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

Difference is I don't see Simeone getting pumped by Watford, West Brom or Newcastle.

Mainly because he'll still be in Spain........

xCELERYx   

Sarri has signed a 1 year extension. 

At least according to some reports in Italy. No official confirmation yet.

Edited by xCELERYx

38 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Mainly because he'll still be in Spain........

And because he was getting beaten by Chelsea who should have beaten them twice in fairness.